or Connect

Posts by pmz

Right. Apple losing the high end to Windows. If you had tried, really hard, you couldn't have come up with a dumber statement.
Explain that please. I'm sure I could find comments from you and others that alleged the same nonsense prior to the 6 launch. There is no reason whatsoever for Apple to change the intro level storage from 16 GB. 1. Approximately half of all sales are of the lowest price tier, with the other half a mix of the upper two tiers. Many (approx half) make their buying decision based on price. Why would Apple give them more free storage? They are gonna buy $199/$299 anyway. 2....
Its incredibly entertaining to watch this kind of comment get thrown around by people that have no idea what they're talking about. The iPhone 6 in no way shape or form gives any indication that it needs more RAM. Not one aspect of using the device lends itself to that. You people are so out to lunch, grasping at whatever straw you can find, it is HILARIOUS. BTW, I have the iPad Air 2 as well, and see absolutely no difference between it and the iPad Air (which I also still...
Jesus. Do people still really not understand that Touch ID has nothing to do with security?  Your Passcode is your security. Touch ID is a convenience that allows you a way around having to enter your passcode. Touch ID will probably never exist on its own, without a backup passcode. Probably not in our lifetimes.
Wasn't one of the bullet points of Touch ID in the beginning that it was NEVER stored on Apple's servers? That it never leaves the secure enclave, period?
You people are so short sighted. "ARM could catch up to Intel i3 within 2 years" Do you think that even remotely interests Apple? That's lame. When Apple comes out the gates with their own chip for Mac, it will be something no one saw coming. Not just a repackaged ARM chip made by fucking Samsung.
I'm sure a lot of what is taking so long for them to make this move has to do with compatibility. Its one thing for OS X apps to have been recompiled. Its another to kill Windows compatibility. As much as I love OS X, Boot Camp is extremely important to me.
 Right. Apple's unmatched success with custom designing chips for its most successful products ever, is not going to make its way to the Mac line.  If Apple could have done it already, they would have. It is only a matter of time. There are no such grumblings, by anyone other than you. I have used OS X since the day it was released. I was using OS 9 before that. No one with any degree of sincerity believes OS X is being "dumbed down". Certain mundane tasks and features...
Definitely not breaking news. Nevertheless, i'm still very excited for the future potential of Macs built with Apple-designed chips.
I'm sure for Apple it has always been about How long Intel can continue to do better & faster than what we could do ourselves....and the time is coming where Apple could out pace them by developing for their own needs.   This last year was a prime example of Apple's innovations being held back by reliance on Intel.   Without any doubt, Apple is now in a position to make the processors they need for the machines they want to build, on their own timetable.    I'm...