or Connect

Posts by pmz

Yes indeed you DO need to be qualified. If you make that decision on your own, based on nothing, its a poor decision, with no merit whatsoever.There are several different arguments here:1) Do users ever know whats best in terms of what version of iOS should be on their iPhone? A: Absolutely positively not.2) Is it your right as a user to choose what OS runs on the phone you own? A: Yes, you are free hack and **** up your phone all you like.3) Is it your right as a user to...
 No I'm sorry but you don't. You know absolutely nothing but the very top level (if that) of what's different between 1 version of an OS and another.Why don't people complain more when web applications are updated automatically without your consent? Oh because you have absolutely no control over that. You think because you've been allowed to maintain some small level of control over what updates and when on your phone that it translates to you having a right to do so.This...
There's no validity there whatsoever. Your device needed the work Apple put into 8.4.As I said, and is still true, users are the absolute last people in the world who are qualified to make decisions on what set of code should be running on their device.And any of you comparing downgrading an OS to personal freedom are borderline psycopaths. Grow up. You don't write the code. You don't even know what you have. You have no qualification whatsoever to make a decision on what...
You do not own anything but the brick that you purchased. Every single function piece of software on the device belongs to Apple and is subject to their will and whim.  I blame the jailbreak community for giving the wrong impression and intentionally blurring the lines between owning the brick you bought at the store and owning the software installed on it. If you choose to hack the device, and run whatever POS you want...that is your right. If you choose to run...
Absolutely positively not. You may think you own the hardware, and that is debatable unless you've purchased it off contract, but you absolutely do not own the OS nor maintain any rights to it. If you are running the OS that shipped on the device...that belongs to Apple, and they have every right to change it, automatically, over the air, without your consent. They choose to allow you more freedom than you're entitled, by continuing to make Automatic Updates a toggle. I...
I actually don't care about cost, thats not my driving motivator. I am not going to subsidize networks that I despise in order to secure access to a few.I will not be counted among those paying for smut like CNN or FOX to exist.
Nope, in fact they should be even more aggressive about preventing it. Its their software, not yours. Its not your choice what OS runs on your device, nor should it be. Users are the absolute last people in the world that should be making that choice.
The entire idea of downgrading needs to be wiped out. I like the direction Apple is going with iOS, finally bringing automatic overnight updates with iOS 9.   They really need to go further with it, and prevent any sort of opting out...updates need to be mandatory.    There is not one legitimate reason to downgrade a public Apple OS.
Still a terribly shitty idea. If thats the best you can come up with, then your ideas are indeed best suited for blogs and not business. YEARS ago Apple was working on how to put solar receptors under the glass of an iOS device, as part of an overarching solar-recharge system that wouldn't necessarily replace tethered charging, but could conceivably be used to extend battery life for untold amounts of time...hours, days, weeks...indefinitely.... When Apple finally figures...
Where to even begin. 1) An iPhone has never been hard to get. Completely false. In the early days of iPhone, it was only available on AT&T, it was insanely expensive unless purchased with a 2 year contract, which requires you be 18 or older with a decent credit history. It was NOT easy for all people to purchase. However, a lot of people wanted in on the Pocket Internet device with the satisfying touch screen, and mobile games. The iPod touch sold millions to people...