or Connect

Posts by pmz

The entire idea of downgrading needs to be wiped out. I like the direction Apple is going with iOS, finally bringing automatic overnight updates with iOS 9.   They really need to go further with it, and prevent any sort of opting out...updates need to be mandatory.    There is not one legitimate reason to downgrade a public Apple OS.
Still a terribly shitty idea. If thats the best you can come up with, then your ideas are indeed best suited for blogs and not business. YEARS ago Apple was working on how to put solar receptors under the glass of an iOS device, as part of an overarching solar-recharge system that wouldn't necessarily replace tethered charging, but could conceivably be used to extend battery life for untold amounts of time...hours, days, weeks...indefinitely.... When Apple finally figures...
Where to even begin. 1) An iPhone has never been hard to get. Completely false. In the early days of iPhone, it was only available on AT&T, it was insanely expensive unless purchased with a 2 year contract, which requires you be 18 or older with a decent credit history. It was NOT easy for all people to purchase. However, a lot of people wanted in on the Pocket Internet device with the satisfying touch screen, and mobile games. The iPod touch sold millions to people...
Changing the color does not equal updating them. There are a lot of reasons why they might choose to change the paint scheme being used for a product that is still being manufactured.
Its about paying for what you actually intend to consume, instead of being forced to pay for things that you will never consume. A person like me is more than happy to pay $8 for Netflix and $10 for HBO (I know its $15 right now), have my needs met. If you're a person who feels the need to subscribe to every single service that becomes available...well you're not a cord cutter at all, are you? You are better served by paying $60/month for 500 channels of bullshit.
Besides licensing and content deals and the rest of it...the technical hurdle to this model taking off is content discovery. AppleTV needs to be completely overhauled to allow the deep-seeded content within Apps to rise to the surface.   Example: I may or may not see the value in ShowTime. I probably think $10 a month is way too much when I already have Netflix and HBO. But what if ShowTime has more content than I realize? I'll never know unless I give it a chance, and...
At the very least I guess it can be said because he has a shred of common sense. Religion is the cancer of the world, it was invented to control and enslave people, and goddamn does it still work brilliantly. You would think in the modern world some people would be able to shake the cob webs out of their heads and say, "Holy shit...we've been following some insane falsehood invented by nearly illiterate medieval nobles for the purposes of controlling and brainwashing the...
Come on, seriously? How much longer are you people going to entertain the fantasy that Apple cares about the iPod at all? Is not abundantly obvious to you that Apple does want to sell more iPods? That they feel the current modest sales pace of the product is just enough to justify its legacy, but not enough for any innovation whatsoever? The iPod touch was big deal back when it was lot harder to get an iPhone, and there was no iPad mini. The landscape has changed. A...
If nothing else, It'll be interesting to see how a good actor that looks nothing like Steve Jobs plays the role.
People seem really confused about stands + watches + bands + orientation.   There is absolutely nothing that stops anyone from using this stand with any watch, however they wish. I'm not sure where people get the idea that certain bands/orientations wont work. Of course they do.