or Connect

Posts by pmz

FWIW, i found the simplest is to program your TV remote to control the AppleTV. One Remote to rule them all, as it were.
What specifically is AppleTV missing that you have on Roku? Legitimately curious. That's a bit harsh, its better than anything else out there.But the Remote App is indeed long overdue for an overhaul and dramatic improvement. It is a bit slow and clunky. The idea of beaming the AppleTV UI directly to the iPad/iPhone and letting you manipulate the UI from there is brilliant, and will make it far more enjoyable. I think this is in part the "cracking it" that Steve referred...
The day it goes on sale, the number of potential qualified buyers (iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus owners) will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 350,000,000 people. They'll sell 10 million the first weekend.
No I have never seen anything to that effect, nor do other users, and there is absolutely nothing stopping me from installing titles that will NEVER work on my devices.
Oh yeah. That's the argument. Xbox. Right. Xbox is for 13 year olds.
Not very good I would say. I highly doubt Apple's ability to keep a new product like that from leaking this close to an alleged launch/production.
What evidence? Like iOS 8.1 beta's references to Touch ID and ApplePay in the iPad firmware? That seems like evidence to me... With or without evidence though, it makes sense for it to be included...with or without NFC. As others have mentioned, the iPad is an increasingly popular POS system with additional hardware....seems ripe for the opportunity to build in NFC to make the iPad a better payment receiver than payment maker.
However, the iPad currently has 4 price points: 16, 32, 64, and 128. If they did away with the 32 here like they did with iPhone, they would go down to 3 price points, and the top tier expensive model would get cheaper. That's not what happened with iPhone. So one has to speculate if its remotely possible to see 16, 64, 128 and 256 options at the current price points. I'm going to say NO, not for 2014....but it is worth the speculation.
My guess is they absolutely WILL have ApplePay.....that does not mean they will have NFC. ApplePay is equally useful for every transaction you make ON the device....iTunes, Online Shopping and In-App purchases.
That is the complete opposite of what an iPad is.......so......gonna have to go with......No.