or Connect

Posts by pmz

The joys of an "open" OS.
Nope, I'm sorry, not my problem, but your mistake. How you perceive it doesn't matter. It is what it is, and to be a good a product, it needs to be all of what it is. Its an iPhone Accessory. Thats why it Requires an iPhone. This isn't a debate. You trying to make a point about why you think the Apple Watch is just fine with 1/10th of the functionality the shipping product boasts is completely irrelevant. Apple does NOT ship the product you think is adequate, so NO, you...
You're basically describing how competition works. Someone more dedicated than yourself has the opportunity to replace your App with their own, by doing nothing more than staying on top of what Apple and the user base expect a modern App to be. I firmly believe in Apple's curation policies on the store, and I feel they should be even more rigid, to the benefit of the user experience. Far too many Apps on the store that have either A) not been updated in a long time, or B)...
I get more of a sense that AppleTV is going to spice up the iPhone keynote, much like how Apple Watch did last year.
I find it a little odd that Beta 4 is still so unstable in terms of general UI speed and performance.  This is one of the main focuses of iOS 9. In fact, Beta 1 was actually much smoother than subsequent betas, and nearly lived up to Apple's claims, however the battery drain was atrocious. Hopefully those things are not linked in any way, and Apple is not searching for a balance.   I normally would expect speed and performance to polish out for the GM, but with iOS 9 I...
The better developers always release fixes during the beta period to fix certain crashes/bugs that occur on the beta OS. Happens every year, and its always the higher caliber developers. The ones that let their App crash for 4 months without doing anything...they are not committed developers. Often you will see these same Apps continue crashing with no updates for a period of time after the public release of the OS. Whats the excuse then? It is a fact: The people whose...
But...if Netflix is worth $8 month with no ads.....Hulu is worth maybe $6 month with no ads. Maybe.
Simply put, No. Its Not "part of its functionality". You don't understand the product. It its not a standalone product. Apple Watch is an extension of iPhone. Not just any iOS device. iPhone. Without iPhone, Apple Watch is a poor product. Just because, in your limited thought process, you imagine being OK with an Apple Watch that works so poorly as you desire it to...but actual customers (including you after a week), and Apple alike, would never want such a poor product on...
There is no logical reason to allow it. Its idiotic. Some people still just don't understand the product. Its an iPhone accessory. The Watch is useless without an active iPhone with constant data connection to feed and drive the Watch. Pair it with an iPod touch and you have a fraction of the functionality, and as soon as you leave the house, its like leaving your iPhone at home and taking just your Watch: useless.
Are you somehow completely unaware that all evidence shows that Apple is indeed inching closer to releasing exactly what everyone is pining for? The problem is that people wanted in 2012. And 2013. And 2014. And 2015. And it still hasn't happened...despite the mounting evidence that soon, it will. You've yet to make a single point that makes any sense at all.