or Connect

Posts by pmz

Seriously, no one cares about this anymore. Least of all the average user. If Apple created a hybrid of Bing and Yahoo Search, stripped down any branding and made it the default on iOS and OS X, no one would be the wiser. 
These are kinds of stats that tell the true story of iOS vs. Android. If Android were anywhere near as popular as Google lies about it being, those numbers would be reversed.   The truth is, Android is POS imitation installed on POS imitation devices, that are never used by real people. I have a few Android devices for testing my Apps on, and I think I use them more in this context than real people do as a day-to-day device.   Android devices spend the majority of...
I like the societal trend of talking to your watch...unlike an ear piece, you don't look like you're talking to yourself like a crazy person. One thing that never caught on, that I think Apple was thinking/expecting to fit in naturally, was Raise to Speak Siri...holding the phone to your ear, making it look more "normal" while talking to the phone. No one does this. No one even knows they CAN do this.
The prerequisite for quality control of the AppleTV with the AppleWatch is the #1 feature that Apple HAS to come out with for the AppleTV Refresh: GLOBAL SEARCH. You need to be able to search for "XYV TV SHOW" and get aggregated results from iTunes Store, Netflix, Hulu, and whatever other junk channel might randomly have a few episodes. It would be nice if the search results had some quick action buttons next to the options, as well as some indicator icons. Little icons...
Mistake or not, this a device you'll see on sale this year. This year's iPhone refresh will see the iPhone 5c be crafted with internals from the old 5s (including Touch ID). The 5s will get an internal bump as well, bringing it equal to last years iPhone 6. The entire iPhone 6 line will be discontinued in favored of new version of the 6 and 6 Plus..whether they are called "S" or "7", I don't care.
What I find LAUGHABLE are people not up to date enough to know that Intels GPUs in Macs are nearly indistinguishable from the discrete options available in the same Macs. The performance increases have now shrunk to somewhere between marginal and nil.Sorry you're still stuck in 2011, but it's just not the case anymore. The high level Intel GPU are on par with AMD/NVIDIA mid range. Since Apple only chooses mid range discreet cards, it about equals out.And in terms of OS X...
Drop the price by $500 and come down to some semblance of reality while you're at it.
The A9 is more exciting than any of it. Every year Apple manages earth shattering performance leaps over the previous generation processor. Each new proc is faster and more energy efficient. The A8 was one of the biggest leaps yet...not only did it maintain Apple's YOY performance increase precedent, but it did so while powering higher resolution 4.7" and 5.5" displays. Apple has now had another entire year to engineer a whole new class of proc designed to power the same...
Sure it does. Apple would much rather sell you an iMac than a Mac mini, and it comes down to dollars, and customer satisfaction. They will always profit greater by selling iMacs, and they have more control over the customer sat experience when they ensure that you are using one of their displays and their peripherals. You probably don't even consider the importance of customer sat, but it is extremely important. If someone has a crappy display, skyscraper keys on a wired...
Having actually USED the WATCH, I can say its incredibly simple...far more simple than someone who has never seen it before could realize. I thought it was more complex than it is. Its not. Its ridiculously simple. The best part is, being an iPhone accessory, it just comes to life, and doesn't require endless amounts of setup and config (like, buying a new iOS device, for instance).