or Connect

Posts by Sofabutt

I for one couldn't care.
Seriously? This rumor goes around every few months. Let it go...
I've been a Mac user or over a decade nd experience has taught me to never upgrade and software or firmware for Apple products for at least a week or two because inevitably the latest version will break something. Whether it be an Airport Extreme, MacBook, iOS version, or OSX release, my experience has taught me to never jump on a new release.
You're right. Looking at Apple's line of products, besides a little customization, there isn't a whole lot of selection. Two iPad releases in the same year is a stretch, let alone two released simultaneously...
A few days ago there was a report about the price of a iPhone in China going for $1k US on the grey market. If the grey market is charging such a high price then how is it that regular Apple stores are doing do well? There's some PR bullshit going on here... When Apple first released the iPhone in China a few years back, sales were dismal, now we're supposed to believe China is the leading market for Apple? Complete BS.
I don't know who Alex Gauna is, but obviously he is a douche bag simply trying to gain notoriety based on the recent release of the iPhone 4 S. I'm not a fan of the recent release, but I'm not a douche bag looking to gain attention from it by releasing some lame opinion to the press either...
What a bunch of crap... Like Apple is going to jump right in the middle of HDTVs and offer THREE models all at the same time. Apple's offerings in their computer and phone divisions are limited to 1 or 2, with slight customization. They are not going to suddenly offer 3 models in a market they have never appeared in before. This rumor of Apple entering the TV arena has been kicked around for years. It might one day become a reality, but for now it is just a means...
You certainly haven't observed Apple's business practices from the past. It is very common for Apple to put hardware sales on delay pending OS upgrades, or offer upgrades free of charge after recent releases...
Seriously. A 39B dollar acquisition is not going to affect competition??? Only an idiot would believe this.
As with all things related to the news media/blogging community, I am sure a lot of info in this article is false. That said: This is not the first time Apple has ripped off app ideas from its developer community. That iAd app developed and submitted to the app store (and denied) was later written by Apple. Sherlock was a ripoff of Watson. The Dashoboard was stolen from Konfabulator. I am sure the list goes on and on...