or Connect

Posts by Sofabutt

I used .Mac about 10 years ago. I have to say that syncing files to it wasn't easy or quick at all. I gave up on .Mac after the first year. Now with all the free services offered on the net that compete well with MobileMe, it's hard to consider paying for these services. There are a lot of pioneering services out there that Apple has to compete with now. Apple has a lot to measure up to and a lot of value deliver to its customers before it can compete. Apple will...
It'll be a cold day in hell before I use Apple's 'App Store' to purchase anything...
I think you're being a little short sighted and offensive by attributing this issue to bad parenting.
I am sure it will be as wildly successful as their AppleTV.
Has he done anything since co-foundling Apple? There's that Segway thing that didn't catch on and never did revolutionize human transport... He did date that female comic. Oh wait, I got it, he carries a lot of gadgets, maybe that's why he should be considered by Apple. His resume is pretty lackluster... If I were him, I would want to work for Apple too, since all his other achievements and business ventures have been pretty pathetic.
I hate to say it, but I side with MS on this one. "App store" is a generic term referring to any front end store that offers applications, games, etc, to any operating system or device. It's not some magical or revolutionary phrase that Apple brought in to existence via the iPhone or iPad. Sadly, Apple is becoming, TO ME, everything I learned to hate about Microsoft. To make things worse, all this proprietary hardware is really annoying...
Why would they put it on the App Store? They have always offered upgrade pricing. (Something, I believe the App Store does not accomodate.) They are in a ton of sales pipes as it is. The App Store is a huge step down from what sales outlets they already have in place. Putting it on the App Store would be stupid for MS. (Besides, if they did, they'd lose me as a potential customer...)
"An analysis of Verizon Wireless smartphone sales over the past year indicates why the carrier is suddenly demonstrating interest in Apple's iPad and iPhone" I wouldn't say Verizon's interest in the iPhone is sudden at all. Rumors of a Verizon iPhone have been going now for almost a year if not longer. And Android based phones are no slouch compared to the iPhone. The only reason Verizon is working on a deal with Apple is name recognition. People will buy big...
In two years MS will be releasing Windows Phone 9, which will be everything Windows Phone 7 promised to be. Microsoft will still be scrambling to catch up with iOS. In two years, Apple will be fighting off the same reputation MS began to have a few years back, and a couple years after that, people will be abandoning Apple foe some other new innovative company or Operating System. Maybe QNX? Google Chrome OS? Point being, this whole scenario has been played out...
Apple = success. Steve Wozniak = failure. But if you confuse the two long enough, and mix in a little news media, Steve Wozniak can ride the coat tails of Apple for the rest of his life...