or Connect

Posts by Seankill

You are full of ignorance. Clearly no experience with engineering? I am currently finishing my engineering degree and I study phones from top to bottom, although, I admit I struggle to get the time to keep up with all of the Android news. Anyway, by your logic, if all of Apple's phones are the same, then so are Androids. Your logic says that the iPhones only get faster, a few extra actually useful features, bigger, and better battery life. Sounds about like the Android...
I sadly just got a tv, LG TV, which I love; however, it will be interesting to see how Apple goes about doing this (if it is true). I am pretty tired of the cable company and look forward to satellite once I am done with college. Of course, skipping both would be pretty cool.   My LG TV is a smart TV and I think it is much better than Samsung's Smart TV (just my opinion). The issue is just lack of apps and content (I find the same problem with Samsung's TV). I would...
  I hear this from time to time from people, as well as the iPhone having bad signal etc... However, I usually have no trouble hearing people on the iPhone and if I am speaking properly, they have no trouble hearing me. Of course, I have some of the best hearing of my friends, probably the second best of anyone I know. But I suck at differentiating people's voices from other noises. The louder it is, the worse I am at understanding someone because I can not separate their...
Some of those problems may be related to your cellular and dsl/cable service. I find a lot of Apple's services to be slow at the moment. But due to it being a beta, that's understandable. Siri is really worthless at times due to the lag, by the time she responds, I could've done it myself. Although, at times, that may be due to ATT as well.
I agree with you mostly. However, I do not see the iPhone ever going below 400-450 new. Maybe that price will drop off slightly with newer models. So if they sell the iPhone 5C for the same price as the 4S would be after the iPhone 5S. I believe they will get same or better margins from the iPhone 5C vs iPhone 4S and it will have better internal specs.   Who knows, we can only guess.
It is not unusual for companies to do this. It works pretty well. People will see Apple as a company that likes to take care of its customers. This probably won't result in much due to the few people who will find out about it. But for me, the company giving a feeling of rewarding it's customers or appearing to give a damn, is a big deal. When I had trouble with my iPhone 5 lock button. Apple replaced it, no questions asked. (In fact apple replaced my iPhone 4 that was...
The thing with technology, you need to constantly be looking forward. Even if it may not seem like a good display now, it is very well likely, that it will be tomorrow. Apple seems to hate OLED technology at the moment (I agree with them, however, I can see why people think the screens are so nice). I think Apple should go IGZO and see what comes after that.
  Wow........... You are comparing a down quarter for Apple and a quarter right after the S4 introduction along with the introduction of multiple other S4 models.   A lot of Samsung's growth came from within the Android ecosystem, not really from Apple's.
  Then why doesn't Apple just join up with Samsung? We don't buy Apple for cheap $hit and not one does. They will never make a $250 phone. They don't want to be king of crap. They "iPhone Lite" is to capture the mid-tier market. They won't aim for the bottom-tier and never should. They can ruin the name of the true iPhone if they are not careful on how they carry out the cheaper phone. A phone in the 400 range would be the best balance. I am interested to see if Apple...
  I agree with your comments as far as people not upgrading as much. That's just how things work. Computers should be replaced on a 3-5 year cycle not a one year cycle. So it 10% boost happens 3 times, you are looking at a processor 33.1% faster. Now that sound interesting. The boost in graphic over that 3 year cycle is even better.    BTW, FEA on large models can be quite demanding. The Xeon processor I have on my work station is often running pretty hard. It'd be cooler...