or Connect

Posts by Seankill

Emergencies do happen in the air, however, during takeoff, the emergencies are much more serious (usually). Clearly there are situations were being at 32000 ft is more serious. But it is much more serious if an engine fails during takeoff, the plane could instantly stall with only hundreds to a few thousand feet for a correction. Or during landing, a wind changes and pushes the plane into the ground, causing the landing gear to fail. Unusual for a large plane, however, it...
   You are both right and wrong. Air resistance is negligible over a short fall. But for long falls the object will reach what is called a terminal velocity. Where the force of air resistance is equal to the force of gravity.    Even a bullet has a terminal velocity which is much slower than the rate at which it was fired. By your argument, the bullet would accelerate forever (wrong). I am not sure if you have ever studied drag but the drag force is not linear. Basically,...
      Allow me, the acceleration of a device is independent of its weight in a vacuum. Everything on earth accelerates at an average of 32.2 ft/s^2. Or 9.81 m/s^2.   Air resistance does play a role but more of a role on terminal velocity. Over a drop of 5-10 feet, like another user said, the air can be ignored due to a small to no role in the impact speed.    That said, the kinetic energy of an object is (1/2)mV^2 where m is mass and velocity is V. So the impact energy is...
Guys, I own a 15'' retina. I don't know what version of OSX I am running, other than that its mountain loin(is that the newest cat?), but i know it doesn't have the newer updates to it. I read before I updated that this releases before 10.8.3 had issues with the video performance and processor performance. Will 10.8.3 go on my macbook without decreasing the performance? Does it fix the issues with the earlier updates? Thank you for the help
I am about to watch the video. But I have a 32gb iphone 5. I find that it doesn't run as smoothly as the 3G and 4 when I first got them (clearly with newer software, these old models slowed down) but for a brand new phone. I am simply OK with the way the iphone 5 runs. I find it to lag here and there for a short time (nothing that is usually too annoying). I guess it is due to the growing complexity of iOS but its far from the near prefect iOS I once knew.  I also must...
Agreed. I ordered mine in late August with no issues.   I get the blue screen of death on windows sometimes (use it for school). But it's nothing short of amazing. Knock on wood
I guess I'll be switching back to pcs then. Cause I want a processor that's powerful and compatible with windows. Stupid move IMO I like ARM in phones Etc Hopefully it's just be like a version of the MacBook Air and not all MacBooks
I guess I'll be switching back to pcs then. Cause I want a processor that's powerful and compatible with windows. Stupid move IMO I like ARM in phones Etc Hopefully it's just be like a version of the MacBook Air and not all MacBooks
It's interesting how apple fans point out how much better the iPhone 5 screen is vs GSIII (myself included) But when the other guys do well, y'all whim that it doesn't matter. Don't be hypocites, the cheaper tablets have been screens. The end. I don't care for mini or other tablets. I love my ipad 2 and wouldn't mind the iPad 4th gen. But google offers a better specs tablet in the nexus 7. Mainly with screen. I don't know anything about androids, they are nice ( but I...
Lol actually, if you do the mathThat leaves apple with about a minute of down time a year.I don't expect it to be that good. But say like 99.5%That gives about 44 hours of downtime a year.My experience ( IDC about yours) is they haven't exactly kept this.I get better uptime from non apple services.Nonetheless, apple will fare just fine