or Connect

Posts by esummers

I see it as more of a UPS store type atmosphere.  Radio Shack stores are usually in the same type of locations.  Probably at a minimum they would stock Amazon electronics and third party products that compliment them.  Hopefully they keep the components.  Not everyone has a big component store to run to if they need a capacitor or resistor right away.  AmazonBasics electronic components maybe?
No, it makes perfect sense.  Not everyone wants their packages sitting on their doorstep all day.  If you are picking up packages, you would also see the latest Amazon product in person.  What doesn't make sense is why FedEX or UPS doesn't do this.
If they are paying corporate taxes on the same revenue in another country, then they should get a break on it here.  I don't know the law, but it feels like corporate tax law wasn't written with multi-national companies in mind.  They are not moving the money to other countries to shield it from taxation, it was just never in the US to begin with.  From other posts, it sounds like there are proposals to fix this. With how hard it is to get anything done in government,...
I think we need to figure out how to fix this broken part of the tax code, but I'm all for frequent tax holidays until we figure out a better solution. As long as companies are onboard and will use this, lets do it. I think these tax holidays are more strongly supported by the Republican party, but there is a fair amount of bi-partisan support. Obama has generally been against these, so there may need to be a compromise. Maybe some of the taxes go to mass transit or...
You still need to buy the first copy.  They moved to Apple's model.  You buy one license with a new PC.  All updates are free for the life of that PC.  I'm not sure if they defined how long that is, but I imagine it is at least 2-3 years of free updates.
Flash games now use the Unity web plugin. Flash movies now use H.264. Time to get rid of flash completely.
 This AR tech may also have some applications built in to phones and tablets instead of glasses.  It will probably never be much more then Kinect level of usefulness.  It would be interesting for some casual games and 3D visualizations.  I would buy one, but I don't see it as transformative.  If they can figure out the haptic feedback problem then it might be interesting for application UIs, but that would be a huge shift for both developers and users.
AR could be interesting for some applications, but I don't have faith that Microsoft can turn it in to a good product... Reminds me of Microsoft Courier... Many of the applications they show outside of Minecraft are pretty ridiculous
Strangely this device might make me want more physical space for my virtual objects.  I might be a virtual hoarder... 
Pretty cool. Apple and Google have also acquired companies doing AR.