or Connect

Posts by esummers

The phone contract is tied to the SIM card not the phone.
I imagine the phone was stolen then sold on eBay. If they were to give the phone back to her they would be taking it away from the new owner (who is not the thief). It is a tricky situation. I'm not sure what the legal precedent is on this. If they properly escalated the issue with Apple, my guess is that the law does not work in the victims favor. Although anyone buying an Apple product on eBay should get the serial number and check with Apple to see if it is stolen...
Why not? When your chatting, that is probably all you will be doing. You just hold it up like you hold up your phone now.
Unfortunately most companies don't care about real innovation anymore. If it takes more then a year, they are not interested in the investment. I think that has benefited Apple. It's been much easier for them to create hugely successful products because nobody else is in the same league due to lack of effort.I seems that most of the industry has a "reactionary" attitude instead of planning and making a real investment. Lets make X product to combat Y product instead of...
There seems to be a trend of products that are designed and marketed by different companies. Hopefully this trend doesn't catch on. It is a horrible for the consumer because the manufacturer and the marketer will both lose interest in the product. They will hype it, sell as many as they can, then fail to continue to evolve the product. There may be other branded products, but they will not be compatible. Just look at the Zune for example...
It sounds like Google is continuing to follow the design by committee mentality that the phone companies have been doing forever. Partly designed by the carrier, the hardware manufacturer, and the operating system vendor. Nothing good ever comes out of this. I'm sure there will be some (that never used an iPhone) that will be happy with this phone. They will wonder why they need to buy a new phone to run the latest apps (or fail to run the old apps) a year after they...
They are not saying it was actually like the Third Reich. People compare things to Heaven and Hell all the time. It doesn't mean they were actually as bad as Hell or as good as Heaven. If you want to say something is bad you compare it to the worst thing you can think of. This comparison is doing nothing but respecting those who suffered. These comments are basically just trolling for attention.Not that I'm defending the original post... I wish people would stay on...
Yeah, these are all "cold war"-style patents. They are not meant to be used or enforced, just there to keep other companies (and IP holding companies) at bay. I have no idea what Nokia is thinking... they would have eventually recovered. Instead they are stooping to the level of IP holding companies. This is what happens when you abandon R&D. Maybe Nokia will be the next SCO or Rambus?
Stop trip'n... lot's of conspiracy theory here... we all know Uncle Sam isn't that organized.
Wow! They really added more towers fast!