or Connect

Posts by Dr Millmoss

We've been using the same pair of iMacs for eight years now without a single issue. Maybe they would be hard to repair, but then, they've never needed any, and now they are way too old to think about repairing. It's difficult to imagine getting this sort of service out of any other PC.  Yes, Apple is good at up-selling, but then so is every other product-maker. This is exactly what you are getting with the Sears good-better-best. The lesson here is get the one you want to...
 I am very well informed, and sick of questions from people who can't bothered to figure anything out on their own. Just read back through the thread. Most of what you need to know is there already. If you can be bothered. Edit: Which, obviously, was way too much trouble for you.
Granted some companies survive periods of decline, but they are the exception. The list of those that don't is far longer.
I follow what you mean, and it does often seem like Apple is held to a different standard. Yet it may not be quite as different as you think. Facebook is new to the public equity markets but you may recall that their IPO hardly went smoothly. If fact the stock went into the dumper shortly after the IPO and it stayed there for quite awhile. Facebook had something to prove to investors, and that was their ability to report and grow earnings. Likewise, GOOG hasn't exactly...
 So you are thinking, maybe technology could become a low or no-growth industry? Stagnation in any sector historically leads either to the sector's disappearance entirely, or at the very least, to a shakeout, from which few of the players survive. As an investor you are definitely worried about that scenario.
You may not mean it as such, but that is the statement you are making. Companies exist to grow. Any company that doesn't exist to grow, dies.
Again, this is fundamentally not allowed. A public company cannot buy itself. Further, any company with over 500 shareholders must be traded publicly, according to SEC rules. So all of this is a pipe dream, without the pipe.
It is fundamentally not allowed for a public company to own itself.
Excellent argument. You don't get it, so anyone who does, is living under a rock.
Define tank. We've already seen the stock drop 40% after reporting lower YOY earnings. If that's not tanking then I would be curious to know your definition. I would also be interested to know how you believe their cash reserves might be used to mitigate the effects of declining earnings.