or Connect

Posts by Immanuel Goldstein

Happy new year 2012 to all AppleInsider participants (and lurkers too). שנה אזרחית טובה 2012 سنة جديدة سعيدة ٢٠١٢
I know, I know, “…damn lies and statistics”. But I don’t think ‘anecdata’ should rate higher. Anyway, that organisation of occult international conspirators known as the OECD makes all kinds of surveys and stats and whatnot, here’s their Health Status. Perhaps some of you will find it useful to get an informed opinion about whither health care system in the World. If one doesn’t like the data one could just say the methodology is all wrong and no further argument...
Thank you very much Tallest Skil. I’ll try Subler.
I don’t know, I only have the mp4 file, and while the VLC video menu shows the presence of an enabled subtitled track, it doesn’t display it. If there’s an SRT file within the mp4 file I cannot tell. Thank you.
I recently watched an mp4 video file with subtitles on my Mac, however, whether I play it on QuickTime or VLC the subtitles aren’t displayed. It’s the first time I have to deal with such a file. Is this an issue with the mp4 file format? Is there some setting to be adjusted in QuickTime or VLC?
If one wants a BMW compact (internationally sized) sedan, then one’s out of luck: the 1-Series only comes as hatchback. For a sedan this size one could go for a Mazda3, a Ford Focus, or a Volkswagen Jetta if one still wants to go Teutonic (well, the Focus is mostly German-designed and engineered but never mind). The same thing goes for the headless Mac or xMac as one chooses to call it.
Thank you for that link e1618978.
I cannot vouch for the accuracy of this report, could that be another real-estate bubble bursting?Chanos: China’s hard-landing has already begun - Marketwatch China’s bust will be a thousand times worse than Dubai (Oct 17 2011) (I admit suspicion of such predictions) Extract:Then there’s the well known part about the CCP’s influence:I lack sufficient information to have an opinion on the matter, has the Chinese government some advantage it could leverage to weather such...
Kurdish Iran is a very small part of Iran. And how much of it do the rebels hold at present? The last I’ve heard, very little. And what war are they waging currently? Not much… Before NATO started bombing Libya (thus weakening the Libyan army), Libyan rebels have already taken over sizable parts of the country (notably the country’s second city, Benghazi), not to mention they represented more than a small ethnic minority (Kurds make ~7% of Iran’s population). Even taking...
So they may, yet they’re not likely to defeat the Iranian armed forces.