or Connect

Posts by Immanuel Goldstein

I certainly hope to be proven wrong in this case.People are too afraid that any change would put their acquis at risk, rather than hope that change would bring new advantages. So every timid tentative at reform (never mind that some reform might be ill-advised) ends in a fiasco.
I am afraid that once again, we shall see Mr. Le Pen in second elections round, furthermore I'm afraid Le Pen might get the most votes in the first round. Other than that, “Madame le président Royal” sounds wrong and irrépublicain. Then again, they do have Mr. Chirac now.
So Israel is Fascist now? Is there one party rule in Israel? Is Israeli society organised in a way which incorporates all individuals in an authoritarian ideological apparatus prohibiting all forms of association (political and otherwise) outside that apparatus? Is Israel governed by a dictator promoting a doctrine of “leader-principle” and the supremacy of the state over everything else? If so, care to substantiate your allegation or should one take the “Evil Fascist...
I hadn't noticed, but thank you nonetheless. As for placing Mr. Ahmadinejad and his various declarations in their proper context, it'd be useful to be informed on the militia where he came from, the Bâssij.
I know about the subject I made a statement about (what you learnt from me) from your writing here. So I know enough.Not that your last sentence has any relevency to the above, yet if it makes you feel better, good for you then.
Nor do I care to. Of what you learnt from me or not, I can tell from your writing here.
So you should have learned a lot from me, and yet…
Poor Mr. Ahmadinejad, his speech is not being translated word for word. All he said was, that the “régime occupying Jerusalem” (which is: the state of Israel) must “disappear” from the ”stage of time”. So, not only Israel's existence must be undone but it also should be erased from all memories as if it never had existed. All he did was express his wish to see Israel vanish (for that is what anti-Zionism is all about, not that there's anything wrong with it: I could...
I see what you mean. And whatever disagreements we may have do understand I don't wish to offend.But then, Israel having lost French support, without allies, would see time as working against it, and would have crushed all enemies it can, rather than wait for them to regain power. A lone Israel would have been a loose cannon, endangering the oil producing countries, particularly those pro-Western conservative monarchies.That is very unliekly, since F D Roosevelt up to the...
So let's see: the US summons Israel to stop short of complete victory, because the US cared about Israel's survival? Not quite. Because the US actually believed Soviet threats.Precisely, they were technical advisors, not Soviet troops directly inrtervening in the war, and while some Soviet military did participate (I mentioned earlier Egyptian jets flown by Soviet pilots) this was denied by Moscow at the time.Still? Do you mean presently?In this case, US help to Israel...