or Connect

Posts by Immanuel Goldstein

These tests failed, twice. The first one seemed to be images of the countryside so I wrote “country”, the answers were “cow cows”. Undaunted, I tried another, and there seemed to be small girls in most pictures with the rest looking quite “gilrish” too, so I wrote “girls”, the answer was “witches”. But these weren't witches, girls dressed as witches, at most. These test are utter failures.
While I have certain issues with the Aqua interface, its colourful nature isn't one of them. Perhaps blandness and grayness are equated by some with “professionalism” and “seriousness”, or perhaps some favour it for reflecting the colours (or lack thereof) of their suits or of their skies. It's a matter of difference in taste, and the OS does come with the “graphite” option. As for those who insist on obliterating all traces of colour there probably is a downloadable hack...
[quote]Originally posted by G4Dude: This is also another blow for Ford in that they are even further destroying Jaguar's image by using the S-Type platform for the Mustang.
Well, the smaller Jaguar X-Type is already a IInd generation Ford Mondeo under the skin. That's the way the industry is headed on a world-wide scale. Observe the new Opel Vectra/Saab 9-3/next Chevy Malibu and perhaps a future Buick; or the Nissan March/next Renault...
The recent iterations of the Ford Mustang were outdated technically, and still felt like the awful “compact” family sedans North American Ford made in the late seventies (Fairmont, etc.). The original Mustang was a sporty coupé using components of the then “compact” Ford Falcon, so it was fairly contemporary to its time (the 1960s). If the vehicle on the pictures indeed shares its underpinnings with the Lincoln LS/Jaguar S-Type/T-Bird, then it's certainly closer to the...
My earnings are adequate, and my consumption less than average, so when I do buy a product, I don't mind paying a little extra, like for that rather recent Powermac I'm typing on. While my own lifestyle is quite frugal and I find the contemporary frantic sought of acquisition and possession rather futile, if others feel it suits them it's fine by me. I find that whole anti-consumerist activism as misplaced as consumerist frenzy itself, just as obesity and diet-craze are...
“Ayn haNa'htom me'id 'al 'Issato” =The baker may not bear witness for [the quality of] his dough. (Meaning that one may not be best suited to describe onenself)
I don't know if the fine looking new SL is running MacOS X, but M-B used to make a vehicle called the G4. (Probably the precusrsor of those recent humungous cross-country luxury 4WD deluxe cruisers, which need an oil well and a harem attached to look credible) And “Mercedes” is a fine sounding name (have several relatives named thus). The Bentley GT is very pleasant too, its...
[double post] [ 11-26-2002: Message edited by: Immanuel Goldstein ]

[quote]Originally posted by PC^KILLA: Sounds good to me. I just hope they get the price points right. As in: $999, $1,699, $2,199. mika.
How much does Yeda add to it these days? (To have Apple's system specificiation on a par with the competition would not be asking for too much)
[quote]Originally posted by BobtheTomato: Well, Telbat isn't far from Teyman which is Hebrew for south, so then perhaps they will make these Tablets in Southern Israel!
At the risk of of sounding more annoying than I already am, Teyman means Yemen, which is related to the word Yamin=right (in front of Yemen there's Somalia, realted to Smol=left). The low-powered (well, relatively for x86) Intel CPUs for those tablets are likely to owe...