or Connect

Posts by sheff

I actually like metro, I think it works well. It's different, its more basic, but for many people I think it will be good enough. There are millions of people who buy android not because it is good, but because it is available and affordable. Shove a Windows Phone in front of those same people and they would buy it instead of android. Plus WP is better executed than android (less of a resource hog, more design, better execution aside from nexus line). Metro works well...
Yup, you nailed it. The only thing I can see is if apple starts their own channel (they have plenty of cash). In other words, buy up some popular shows from cable channels, or sponsor up and coming shows to get the ball rolling. Than let the networks come in and be able to show their shows on apple TV as well. They all will come just like with music. Now the cable charges you more than for internet alone, but less than internet + TV, gives you unlimited data cap and...
Wish him all the best, especially if he has family in Chicago . I think apple will not have any problems scaling the service or adding new features without the cofounder. It's good that he stayed this long and brought his companies acquisition to a logical end, now he can go on and focus on other ideas he's got.
Your translations are pretty close to reality. I am fluent in russian, and this guy also used a translation program to get to russian, because the whole text is grammatically incorrect. See word for word below, I think I got it pretty close in terms of bad grammar. Here is the translation as best as I can do it, keep in mind this guy uses terrible grammar and incorrect sentence structure that I preserved, even in russian:"thanks. Let your steatite-related (blank)...
Never had iCloud docs disappear, but I did have problems with wi-fi sync not backing up properly and getting stuck. A reboot was able to fix it, but I was scared when I plugged it in with a cable after failed wifi sync and it said sync is not possible because "disk is not found". Had this issue during beta period too, though back then reboot did not fix the issue and I had to restore.
Yup, china needs to have a quarter of its population to be as prosperous as average american (very possible to achieve) and they are already just as powerful financially as the US. They have a stable government, hardworking people and are doing way better than say india. I think investing in China is the smartest thing to do for the next 20 years and I'm glad apple is doing it.
That would be awesome. If apple introduced a 7 inch color e-inc display ahead of all the other ebook makers, that would kill any and all competition iPad ever had. However, I am not holding my breath obviously.
Forstall had the best stage presence at the 4S keynote. However I don't know if serious situation with Steve at the time impacted other executives, but they felt a bit more cold and somber, again we now know why, but at the time it was painful to watch. Since iOS is the future of apple, I think Forstall can continue to come up with awesome software innovation, and Johnny Ives needs to come up with a new design. We can than have Cook work to lower the price points and...
Yea I was having this issue plus super slow download speeds. I think the demand was massive since I doubt apple would understaff it's servers so to speak after mobile me fiasco. I think they should have rolled this out at midnight or early in the morning to allow people to start the download as they left for work instead of getting everyone on at the same time. Thankfully I did not have any bricking issues with the phone, and iPad was actually the smoothest update in...
OSX is still the best OS on the market, and unlike the recent phone update (which left me hugely disappointed) the desktop/laptop offering is quite solid. In every category from mini to mac pro to displays apple's desktop business is amazing products and very good price points. Let's hope they don't spin it off any time soon.