or Connect

Posts by mytdave

ROFL. Oh, dang, is Obama upset? And I thought selfies were his thing... I don't like either party, so I'm enjoying watching this play out - poetic justice in progress.
Wake me up when it doesn't require an Office 365 subscription... zzzzzzz.
Each box has it's own strengths, but Apple could dominate this segment if they just had the willpower.  They are on the cusp of "insane greatness" with the ATV, but as the many comments bear out, there are tiny missing features (particularly opening it up to 3rd parties like with iDevices) that hobble the ATV just enough to leave the market wide open for competitors such as Roku.  If Apple doesn't quickly wake up and take the ATV seriously (drop this "hobby" mentality) I'm...
Huh? There must be a serious lack of information here (details). I don't see how this protects anything. Raise your hand if anyone here can't tell the difference between your browser's toolbars and a web site. How does this prevent anyone from spoofing Chase's web site, or any other web site? Apple doesn't control the other end.
Let's see... It's been over 2 years since Steve announced the plan to build the Apple 'spaceship' campus, and they're just now getting through regulatory approval? And Apple is a multi-billion dollar company with teams of experts in real estate, construction, and law. Why does anyone do business in California anymore?
 There are real advantages to using iPads - platform maturity, quality, reliability, touch response (whereas 'surface' rates poorly), etc. Proper device management?  Oh, you mean all the stuff you can do through group policy in Windows to make the devices on the domain basically unusable?  Or you could have proper device management (of your choice) that works: http://www.apple.com/ipad/business/it/management.html  A good MDM product example: http://www.mobileiron.com/
Standard corp. IT stupidity. Consider it an indicator of a company in decline. I can relate. Our company is moving headlong into the IT dept.'s "all Windows utopia" wet dream, while our competitors are embracing iDevices, Android stuff (whatever), Linux, and other modern technologies. The insanity attitude is starting to show in the long term viability dept.
They're taking the X-Box approach - lose money on every unit sold for however long it takes to break even (maybe).  "Come hell or high water, dammit we're going to keep selling these things!"
Let that be a lesson to all.  Liberals like Senator Franken are never happy.  You could invent a secure mechanism even God couldn't crack, and Al Franken still wouldn't be satisfied.  For folks like that, it's not about security, it's about control - and a desire to hear themselves talk...     TouchID is a convenience Al, not the be-all, end-all to security.  And it's optional, you don't have to use it.  But, due to the convenience of it, people who aren't using any...
How do you fight the shameless theft Samesung perpetuates? Stop buying their shit. I for one have halted all purchases of Samsung products at my company's division (I'm in IT). Lawyers are useless. The power of the purse decides all matters these days, including morality. Since Samsung obviously has little or no morality, they won't do the right thing, but you can exercise your moral objection with your wallet - something they will (eventually) understand. Spread the word.