or Connect

Posts by mytdave

The only small (but significant) detail left out of the conversation is that USB can't reach it's full theoretical transfer rate due to signaling and overhead. Real world transfer rates for USB-2 average 40% of maximum, and it's even worse for USB-3.x. In contrast, Thunderbolt, if I remember correctly, can realize up to 90% of its maximum. In numerical terms, the best you'll ever get from: USB-2 is ~200Mbps USB-3 is ~1.8Gbps USB-3.1 is ~3Gbps Compared to...
Samesung
Exactly. The only reason our company has any Macs is cause they can natively run x86 software and other operating systems.  If Apple were to move off of x86, there would no longer be any reason for us to buy Apple hardware. I agree concerning the dumbing down of MacOS.  It concerns me greatly.  It's already hard enough to run MacOS in our organization, but as more and more basic fuctionality (interoperability with Windows & Linux, i.e. SMB) is broken in each release of...
That's cool, and reasonably measures recent performance, but I've never understood the obsessive attachment to "market share" (a misleading term) numbers.  Other than showing current sales trends, it's meaningless.   I like to see results for active installed base, and see how any recent sales grows that figure.  Heck, I'm still on an iPhone 4s and my kids are still using my original 1st gen iPhone (it still works!).
I can't even begin to express how disgusted I am with Apple over this Mac mini "upgrade". The mini was the only machine they made keeping me on the Mac platform, and now they've neutered it. Absolutely disgusting. Mind boggling disgusting. No, I'm not kidding. Sayonara.
Schmidt is just narcissistic enough to make a run for President! He's lying so well, he could challenge Obama.
Hogwash.  Current volatility is due to world events and the piss-poor policies of the current administration.
If Eric Holder is complaining, then Apple is doing something right.   "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."  --Benjamin Franklin
Apple (who's always had this problem) should stop pushing "one size (product) fits all" scenarios on schools (or businesses). For their education programs, set up a deal that lets the schools choose the type of device that fits their needs, and have those choices part of the package that can be easily managed, and the total price mostly unaffected. In my estimation, the ideal choices for a school deal would be any combination of iPad, iPad mini (with or without...
BS.  Just don't allow govt. employees to bring cell phones into govt. buildings...   Sounds like someone hasn't been paying their 'protection' money.