or Connect

Posts by mytdave

Standard MS playbook. Can't really compete in the free market, so dump product on the market below cost, or give them away for free. Lose money on the device for 5 years or more (Xbox anyone?) until you can control a segment, then ramp back up the monopoly machine. Unlike Windows (and the Xbox to some extent), methinks the "Surface" will end up more like the Zune.
Wild success only comes to those who are truly willing to embrace risk.  Most companies are risk-averse, hence they glom on to the Microsoft raft and drift along in a sea of "me too" products, never realizing their true potential.    Asus should grow a set and unlash from the MS raft and switch all their products to Linux.  They would have to fully embrace it, no wishy-washy "lets see how it goes for a few months" nonsense.  They would also have to put some effort...
So, stop bitching about Apple, and fix the tax code.  The problem is the Govt. not the companies they're trying to vilify.  Any company who isn't using every legal means to avoid paying tax isn't acting with due diligence.
  Agreed.  Batteries in devices in checked luggage are a very serious, and a real concern.  Especially with laptops that frequently fail to go to sleep when the lid is closed, and are shoved into a suitcase with a bunch of clothing.  The fire risks in checked luggage are high, and getting higher all the time.  People really need to be educated to not check luggage that contains anything with a battery.
Electronic devices, even malfunctioning ones, have never caused a plane crash, and likely never will.   It's simple.  Those that actually know something about electrical engineering, know that any electronic device can cause EMI, but also know that aircraft are shielded to reject such interference.  If an EMI spewing device affects an aircraft, then it has a serious shielding problem that needs to be fixed asap.   Airlines are now replacing books with iPads in...
Why?  Leave it alone.  This is not the role of Govt.  Let the free market take care of the problem, all this bill will do is muck up the works.  We're already heading in a a-la-cart direction - it's called the internet.  How about this - kill the bill that's seeking to tax the internet.
I like Pixelmator.  Now they just need some more features, non-destructive editing, and additional apps that can replace Illustrator, InDesign, and Dreamweaver.
Underground store, not at the top of a tall hill, big hole mostly covered with glass...  Was wondering when this would happen...
Translation: "We want free reign to rip off anybody we want, but we don't want to share any of our standards-essential IP."
  No, that's not what I said.  Try reading it again.  I guess you missed the irony of people who complained about iPhone size buying Android phones 1" or larger than the original iPhone.