or Connect

Posts by mytdave

I usually refrain from re-response, but in your case... I stand by my statements. First, my reading comprehension is just fine. It is sensible that a 15% 'refund' in this context would indicate 15% atop the purchase price, but the actual wording of the 'article' does not properly articulate that, and if you didn't notice, you are lacking some language skills. Next you prattle a host of tangental comments to mine, but fine, let's address those... Ownership is not...
Okay, so that story is less than clear. Are customers of problematic 27"ers getting $300 and keeping their machines, are they getting their $2000 back plus $300 when they return the machine, or are they returning the machine and only getting $300 back? One would hope it's purchase price plus 15%, but whatever the case is, it is certainly not made clear in this write up. As for Apple's little (big) problem here... That's what happens when you let QA slip. Apple, do...
This does not surprise me at all. One of Apple's problems is they view the world from an insider's position. They are not out in the trenches, and I don't think they have a grasp as to what's really going on. They see sales numbers increase and they think that everything is great. While the iPhone is a great product, and obviously started a whole new smart-phone revolution, it is no longer getting mind-share. Let me tell you - my kids and all their little friends...
Apple, read my lips: NO BING M$ maps suck! I like the tablet idea though, if you don't over price it.
I'm quite surprised by this guy. I can possibly believe he doesn't own an iPhone, and maybe even believe that he's never extensively used an iPhone, but this nonsense about his company not even paying attention to Apple is pure rubbish. Apple is their biggest competitor, and he's been caught in an obvious lie, because they went to great lengths to leach onto iTunes for sync. You don't do that if "your not paying much attention to Apple". I certainly don't understand...
Wow, what a collection toasty comments here today. Might as well throw my hat into the ring... Thing is, I don't really see vaporware from either side. I've seen concept videos, and rumors, but no official announcements from any company. With that said, based upon all the speculation, I think there are some great ideas for tablet features coming in from all directions. Some of the ideas from the 'courier' concept aren't bad. Do they actually exist? Who...
Sorry for your unfortunate experience. I use MS Office for Mac at the office no less, and it has never mangled any document anyone has sent to me. Even complex forms open fine, and their usability is about as good as Office for Windows (which isn't saying much). If you have Office '08 then you could run into an issue with the missing VB script, which is why I run Office '04 and won't upgrade until MS puts it back in. BTW, if you need to run Win, then Parallels & WinXP...
Whatever dude. Are you trolling? If you need your so called "basic office capability" go buy MS Office for Mac and you're done. No productivity lost. Or you could download OpenOffice for free. It's nearly 100% compatible with MS Office.
Why use iWork? Because it does things MS Office wants to do when/if it grows up... Yes, I use MS Office too, but I have taken to using iWork more and more. I hope to switch completely some day, but only if Apple improves spreadsheet features, adds decent forms features to Pages, and makes import/export to MS Office so good you won't have to reformat your files after opening them in the other program... So what does iWork do that's so special? Well, I don't have time...
That's good news for Apple, and users as well. If sales are up, that should encourage Apple to keep improving it. I don't think this tells the whole story though... I'd be willing to wager that 2010 sales will be even better... There are some folks who are hold-outs, including me... I'm fairly confident that Apple is working on a 2010 version of iWork that will take advantage of many of the new core OS features of Snow Leopard. As soon as they do release a new...