or Connect

Posts by mytdave

"Proview "refuses to honor" their existing agreement." That's pretty telling, don't you think? I don't think the Chinese govt. or other Chinese companies would appreciate it very much if Apple decided to, or had to, move production of the iPad to another country. Proview's little tiff isn't going to stop Apple from making iPads, especially when they bought the rights to the name. Of course, maybe Apple should consider buying/registering any product name in ALL...
I agree, but Apple is treading a fine line here. With the amount of information available to us, it appears Apple hasn't done anything wrong, yet. However, remember this is the same type of behavior that landed Microsoft in Anti-trust hot water. The biggest difference is that it was determined M$ has a monopoly on the PC market - Apple definitely does not. But, strong-arming suppliers and vendors does not engender good relationships or public perceptions, which could...
Unlikely Apple's iTunes system has been hacked, or hacked and not fixed. 99% chance it's just users being lazy with password security. Nothing Apple can do about ID10T errors.
As much as this may sound callous, worker conditions in China are not our problem. Deliver your petitions to Foxconn & the Chinese Govt. You want to effect real change? Stop trying to social engineer everything under the sun, and let America get back to work building things in America, where Americans can work, instead of running companies out of the country with political correctness, frivolous lawsuits, onerous regulation and excessive taxation. It's crystal...
Give me a break. MacOS has been around for 28 years (sure that was version 1.0, but still). Microsoft Windows has been around for about 20 years (since v3.1 - the first usable version). iOS is still in it's infancy. I was going to say it's just started to hit it's stride, but I don't think we're even there yet. iOS has many, many years left in it, if not decades. I think where these folks' argument falls down is that they see all the failed phone OSs littering...
I wouldn't put any stock in that rumor. What nonsense. I expect only an iPad 3 in 2012, and my guess would be some time in July or later.
$299.00? Not likely! I got a good chuckle from that though... Okay, so maybe, just maybe we'll see the iPad 2 for $399 once the iPad 3 ships, but we might be even more likely to see the iPad 2 remain at $499 and the iPad 3 show up at $599 for the entry model.
That'll backfire. It's unrealistic. Imagine if every country in the world demanded local plants/factories be built in order to sell a product there - it's unsustainable, there's just too many countries on the globe to make that work. That's counterproductive to international trade. Do they not understand all the businesses they're hurting in their country by blocking sales of any particular item? ...Of course if Argentina follows through on this idea, what will...
To say HP doesn't see a "value proposition" in TB doesn't carry much weight - after all, this is the company that almost scrapped their entire company's "value proposition" when they announced the idea of spinning off their PC division. While I think TB offers great value, I don't think TB will "greatly affect" adoption of USB-3 as a competing standard - this is the "PC" market we're talking about after all. The name of the game is "as cheap as humanly possible, and...
I'm sure iPhone activations are pretty high too, but most likely, in all reality, they're not going to be as high as Android, since they're not matching the sheer volume of devices the numerous Android mfgs are cranking out. Of course Apple shouldn't crank out as many devices as the Droid people, cause that just leads to fragmentation and instant obsolescence. But, IMHO Apple has failed to produce enough variety of devices to satisfy the number of customers that they...