or Connect

Posts by mytdave

Good luck with that.
Apple, why even respond? Greenpeace has no credibility. By saying anything in response, you provide them a platform... Just ignore the imbeciles.
Boneheads. There is nothing wrong with burning coal to generate power. It is done extremely clean and safely these days. Coal can help provide energy independence for this country - we have tons of it. I would like to see the number of coal fired power plants quadruple, and an increase in the production of petroleum by squeezing shale. Greenpeace can kiss my posterior and go crawl back under the rock where they came from. Apple should build several more data...
Most CIOs aren't likely to read this forum, but they still have a bit of learning to do. I'm an IT admin where I work, and I know about the costs of supporting multiple platforms. If some CIOs are claiming it still costs more to put Macs in their enterprise, then they're doing it wrong. I run a small dept. with about 80 desktops/laptops and a dozen or so servers. About 6 of those machines are Macs. The initial cost of most of them was less than the PCs (they're Mac...
Based on those preliminary comments, any bets that the media will spin this as one of "those big evil corporations" are taking advantage of workers, blah, blah, blah stories?... Now if there are working conditions in China that are poor, then well, it would be good to have them improved, but one has to remember a number of things: 1. That's China's problem, not the US', not Apple's. 2. These workers are raking in the dough and living quite well by China standards,...
"Proview "refuses to honor" their existing agreement." That's pretty telling, don't you think? I don't think the Chinese govt. or other Chinese companies would appreciate it very much if Apple decided to, or had to, move production of the iPad to another country. Proview's little tiff isn't going to stop Apple from making iPads, especially when they bought the rights to the name. Of course, maybe Apple should consider buying/registering any product name in ALL...
I agree, but Apple is treading a fine line here. With the amount of information available to us, it appears Apple hasn't done anything wrong, yet. However, remember this is the same type of behavior that landed Microsoft in Anti-trust hot water. The biggest difference is that it was determined M$ has a monopoly on the PC market - Apple definitely does not. But, strong-arming suppliers and vendors does not engender good relationships or public perceptions, which could...
Unlikely Apple's iTunes system has been hacked, or hacked and not fixed. 99% chance it's just users being lazy with password security. Nothing Apple can do about ID10T errors.
As much as this may sound callous, worker conditions in China are not our problem. Deliver your petitions to Foxconn & the Chinese Govt. You want to effect real change? Stop trying to social engineer everything under the sun, and let America get back to work building things in America, where Americans can work, instead of running companies out of the country with political correctness, frivolous lawsuits, onerous regulation and excessive taxation. It's crystal...
Give me a break. MacOS has been around for 28 years (sure that was version 1.0, but still). Microsoft Windows has been around for about 20 years (since v3.1 - the first usable version). iOS is still in it's infancy. I was going to say it's just started to hit it's stride, but I don't think we're even there yet. iOS has many, many years left in it, if not decades. I think where these folks' argument falls down is that they see all the failed phone OSs littering...