or Connect

Posts by mytdave

I'm sure iPhone activations are pretty high too, but most likely, in all reality, they're not going to be as high as Android, since they're not matching the sheer volume of devices the numerous Android mfgs are cranking out. Of course Apple shouldn't crank out as many devices as the Droid people, cause that just leads to fragmentation and instant obsolescence. But, IMHO Apple has failed to produce enough variety of devices to satisfy the number of customers that they...
Apparently Google is the new Microsoft. Obviously, once again they're copying Apple, but now they're taking pages right out of the M$ playbook - "ah, but we'll have one of those in 6 months too!" (Always 6mo - 1yr away.)
It used to be "Redmond, start your photocopiers!" Now it's become "Mountian View and Seoul, start your photocopiers!" It's like two of the bad kids in class copying off the test of the smart kid. Do your own work!
IDC is probably out to lunch. But if Apple wants to ensure iAd's success, they could always offer more enticing terms...
No, he has a good point. It's a valid comparison (accurate I'd say), and we are critiquing Schmidt here.
The question one has to ask is: "Do I want GoogleTV in my TV?" For me the answer is hell no. I just want a high quality big-ass screen that's as dumb as a brick. All it needs is 1 HDMI and component inputs. I will provide the content myself, thank you.
I don't think the Kindle Fire is going to have any affect on iPad sales whatsoever. It will obviously change the market share #s because industry analyists will group the Fire in the same tablet category as iPads, but it's not going to affect actual iPad sales. I'll be shocked if when the numbers come in Apple hasn't sold like 17 million of the things.
I see great potential for success, so long as the majority of the world's population remains honest. I guess the question becomes, where is the tipping point?
Not sure I can trust anything they say (and it's not just because of the bad iPhone 4 review they did). They've reviewed many products/services poorly in the past, why should I believe them now? Here's my take on their US carriers review: Out to lunch. I'm currently on AT&T. Am I completely happy? No. They all suck to some degree. But, AT&T has given me a pretty good deal since the 1st gen iPhone. Their data is the fastest, and pretty reliable. Their customer...
Well, yea, but it's only $199.00! ...At least, unlike Windows, people aren't pretending that the user experience is great.