or Connect

Posts by digitalandres

About 6 months ago I got a new Intel 20" iMac. For the first several months I didn't really use the Superdrive much, though when I did I noticed sometimes it was really loud. It's hard to describe what sort of noise it makes, sort of a really loud buzzing occasionally.. (almost always after first inserting or ejecting a CD/DVD, and occasionally while reading them). Then later I realized that it couldn't burn CD's. I tried all sorts of different brands, but it always...
What do you mean plug it into a new case? Are you saying that the drive is allright but somehow not getting power or something?
Hey guys, So yesterday when I turned on my computer I realized it was running a whole lot quiter, and saw that this was because my external LaCie d2 160G HD wasn't spinning. Link to specific HD I'm talking about: http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=10570 Anyway, when I start the computer the drive turns on, but the blue indicator light/button on it flickers instead of being on. The HD doesn't spin, and of course it isn't recognized by my computer. I've...
Sorry for the ignorant question but where does Mail save emails on my computer? I know it must because even if I'm not connected to the internet and I open mail it has access to all the emails I've allready recieved. It would be ideal for me if each one of these emails had it's own file somewhere on my HD that I could backup. The reason I ask is because my University is making me delete a ton of stuff in my Inbox because I'm taking up too much space, but I (obviously)...
I tried to turn my 4G on this morning and right after the Apple logo it sort of makes a "click" noise and then a black line shows on the screen and slowly fades away, and turns the iPod back off. So I tried it again and it did the same thing, but the black line was thicker. It's sort of looks the same way as when a TV turns off. Anyway, resetting it didn't help because right after the Apple logo, bam!, black line. So yeah, what the hell happened?
I have a 160G LaCie external, and while the loudest noises are the ping or the starting windup, it still runs pretty loud the rest of the time. It doesn't botheer cause I almost always have music going on, but I would say I found it surprisingly loud. (Quite a bit louder than my iMacG4 I'd say).
CompUSA is out of stock. If you try and buy it from that link it'll tell you.
Ya I saw Placebo's thread, that lucky bastard. I need WiFi because I just got a new house with four other college friends of mine. We're (obviously) renting it so we can't just drill holes and run wires to every room, so we're all just doing wireless. They all have PC's, so they're good to go. I haven't opened up the bottom of my iMac in quite a long time, but i think it oughtta be Airport ready down there. It's a 700mhtz G4.
I can't for the life of me find anything that can let my 2 year old iMac G4 connect well to the 802.11b wireless network in our house. I've been looking for 3rd party options to save money but the only Mac compatible reciever I can find is a crappy little D-Link one that has given me nothing but problems for the last week. It constantly loses the connection and freezes up my computer. What can I do? Is my best bet to eBay one of the discontinued Airport 802.11b-only...
I just finally bought my first iPod, a 4G 20GB, and have a couple questions. First of all, is it possible to make the iPod display track numbers in front of songs? I guess I could manually write in all the track numbers into the song title in iTunes, but this would be a ton of work, and it seems like this feature (if it doesn't allready exist) could be easily added. Second: I've had the iPod for about a week now. Everything has gone fine so far except a few days ago...