or Connect

Posts by _Rick_V_

Often overlooked is that Skylake also introduces support for DDR4 memory modules.  DDR4 promises to double the access speed over the current DDR3, as well as lower power consumption.  Everything else being equal, this by itself has potential to dramatically increase performance as RAM is bottleneck for processors.     Here's an infographic from Crucial: http://www.crucial.com/wcsstore/CrucialSAS/pdf/product-flyer/crucial-ddr4-infographic-en.pdf
I'm glad Apple continues to line up banks.  But I'd like to see more retailers (yes, I know that in a lot of ways, that's a bit out of Apple's hands).   I routinely use ApplePay at Walgreens and Whole Foods (lunch hot-bar).  And I've used it a Macys, Jewel, and few other places...
 Not sure about this car, but I remember reading that if you bought a McLaren, a factory technician would fly to you and perform any maintenance or repairs.  The reasoning, they said, was that when you spend this much money on an automobile, this class of clientele expects this level of service. Ah, to be rich...
 Same policy here, too.  As a matter of fact, I don't allow ANY plugins (I delete everything in the 'Internet Plugins' folder, including Quicktime, Quartz, etc).  Chrome only gets launched on those increasingly rare times that some site requires Flash.
  Was this in reference to Firefox?  Because Firefox has been 64-bit on Mac for quite a while now.  (It's still 32-bit on Windows, but that's a different animal.  Most apps are still 32-bit on Windows).
  Just curious, have you tried rebuilding you inbox, or whatever mailbox you're having trouble with?  ('Mailbox' menu  >  'Rebuild') I've had oddball issues with Mail in the past, where rebuilding solve it.
 sflagel,You've filled this forum with misinformation.   First, I don't know where you get your info– credit card processors (MC, Visa, Amex) do not charge 7%.  That's outrageous.  Amex (the highest) still charges under 3%. Retailers are forbidden from charging different costs if you pay by credit card or cash. Where have you ever seen a sign that says "3% discount if paying by cash"?  We will not see a discount for using CurrentC.  That's the major retailers trying to...
I do. It's computing "best practice" for any platform-- Mac, Windows, or Linux.  And this exploit exemplifies exactly why everyone should, running your day-to-day in a regular user account usually negates attacks like this.      hahaha!  That made me laugh!  (Oh, and good luck with that.)
 Two very different things?  Care to explain?  Because I've used both, and while they each have a somewhat different approach to the same problem, the end result seems pretty much the same thing.  If you venn-diagrammed the two, the circles would practically be overlapping.  I gave up on Ghostery (combined with Adblock) when I noticed that Safari was substantially slower than when just was installed.  So I experimented with having just one installed, then the other.  I...
 True, but it's more overlap than not. For the average user, I recommend only one as it can get confusing for that user to troubleshoot when a site breaks, which add-on is causing the problem.  However, I get that you don't fit the mold of 'average user', and if you're comfortable running three and don't mind the speed hit, by all means...  So, I haven't used ClickToFlash in a while (preferring no flash), but if you're using the "prefer HTML5" feature, you're really not...