or Connect

Posts by _Rick_V_

Perhaps you've already gone through these steps, but I'm curious if you've tried troubleshooting by resetting your carrier connection and other tips:   http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/assistant/calls/#section_2   Did those have any effect?
    Like everyone before me who's already disagreed– My wife has a 4S (on AT&T, for whatever that's worth) and never knew there was supposed to be a problem... no issues here!
  Siri is shockingly convenient and much faster than doing certain things manually.  It's great for texting ("text my wife that I'm heading home").  It's a LOT easier for setting reminders or alarms ("wake me up at 6 am tomorrow" or "remind me to make a doctors appointment for tomorrow morning").  It takes a fraction of time and effort, versus tapping and typing.
  Yes, there is ALWAYS potential for abuse or mistakes;  whether it's a bad employee, a hacker, or a prankster (like on Wikipedia or OpenStreetMaps).     Wikipedia has proven to be at least as, if not more than, accurate than leading commercial encyclopedias and text books.  I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if OpenStreetMaps contains no more or less errors as Google, Apple, Nokia, or others.   The difference is that at least with the "open" sites, mistakes are also...
    Not that I doubt that you're experiencing that personally, but I have four different Macs at home (an iMac, a 11" MacBook Air, and two MacBook Pro's) and haven't experienced any of those symptoms on any of them.   Just sayin'... maybe there's an issue with your computer, specifically?   -Rick
    I usually say, "My apologies, but I only know how to describe your problem in technical terms: Something is F@#$ up with your computer.  My apologies for the techno-speak."   Get's a laugh every time.
I think this Steam Box is going to be competing against traditional gaming consoles (Playstation, Xbox, Wii), not AppleTV as mentioned in the article.  Just because it streams netflix doesn't mean it's in the same market.  Otherwise, that means that my AppleTV (which I love) is competing against my Samsung SmartTV, BluRay Player, and Playstation (all of which will stream Netflix).
    Actually, Firefox has been 64-bit on Mac (and on Linux) for a long time now!   Firefox on Windows is still stuck on 32-bit, which shows how difficult the transition has been for Microsoft.  Opps. :-)   Also curious, Google Chrome is still stuck on 32-bit.  Which is interesting because I think it reflects that when they decided to fork webkit so they can build their own sandboxing solution, it's proven to be more difficult to maintain than they probably anticipated. ...
          Haha!  1.6MHz is just a hair faster than an Apple II+!
  Marcel655, I understand perfectly well that sticking with iOS 5 it will be increasingly difficult to keep your other apps updated. Unnecessary insult aside; yes, I know that that's not a good thing.  However, this is a "you can't have your cake and eat it too" situation.  You have to decide what's best for you; BUT... you can't have both.  It's as simple as that.   This is no different than any other upgrade for any OS platform.  People were complaining bitterly when...