or Connect

Posts by Mac'em X

"Samsung says, "There's even more love in store for you," though it's not exactly clear what the company means."   Just bend over...
 All right, we're fully up to date on the situation in AtlApple land. Now, back to the discussion of how the watch is doing in the real world...
"It" is two separate things: the noun "backup" and the verb "back up". This confuses AppleInsider. Though not without hope: Under the strange instruction to account holders to "login", there's a more sensible invitation to newcomers to "sign up". (We'll kindly ignore the weird capitalization in "Have an opinion? Sign Up to share it." Good enough for AI.)
 "Dan'l"?  I really like Street View in Google Maps, and wonder whether Apple is working on something similar. Would love to see it. Like many people, I've entertained the thought that Apple could/should crowdsource the effort, what with so many people running around with iPhones. Then again, the hurdles would have to be huge, in piecing together a Street View-like scene of a street based on a jumble of photos taken from different angles and heights, at different seasons...
"How to backup your iPhone..."   I love that verb "backup". I love backupping my stuff. I love that feeling when I've backupped it.   I needed to share this feeling with AppleInsider's editors so badly that I looked for the ever-present "Login to Comment" link and loginned right away.
Let's see... Elop came to Nokia with an undisclosed agenda on behalf of Microsoft... wrecked Nokia to the point where Microsoft could scoop it up cheap... and now gets to leave both companies with a fat golden parachute. Mission accomplished, sir!   Microsoft, too, achieved its goals: It got a phone manufacturing unit at a fire-sale price (thanks to Stephen "Burning Platform" Elop!), with no one hurt except the employees of Nokia, their families, and their communities....
I agree absolutely. I'm so tired of Apple using WWDC to announce roadmaps and tools for so-called "developers".  I want the old days back, when WWDC focused entirely on the question "What's the kewl stuff that Yuck9 wants?" Oh, how Steve and Jony would scramble to create the next OS X release's "official Y9-approved" features! (The Sailor Moon screen savers of 2009 were particularly beautiful. Bravo!)
iFixIt? The nice people who publish how-to repair guides?  The "research" company referenced in the article is iSuppli, not iFixIt.
 And so you did – although it's "prestidigitation", and I think the word you actually want is "prognostication". (Then again, my usual form of communication is sub-Neanderthal grunting. Never mind me. : ) 
 But it sounds like you don't. Even with no difference at all in internals and functionality, a solid gold body means a huge price differential. No surprise there at all. I know, it may sound like a poor value to you or me or anyone who doesn't really care what metal the body is made of. But for anyone (and I understand this may not be you) who's dismayed and angered by Apple (presumably) offering a $5K or $10K watch, I say this: Yes, Apple's demanding a small fortune for...