or Connect

Posts by Mac'em X

Aye yi yi, I guess I need to spell out the remark much more clearly than I thought: The statement "...high school girlish and xenophobic characterization" contains a characterization of high school girls, thereby committing (at a trivial level) the very wrong it seeks to criticize. Trivial stuff. Moving on...
Yes, I understand what they're talking about… I'm saying that this particular deriding of "xenophobic characterization" unintentionally committed the same faux pas. But anyway. Back to iPhones or whatever the topic was…
Why the xenophobic characterization of high school girls?
"... Jobs and Ive share credit for inventing over 200 patents…" You don't invent patents. You patent inventions. Back to the story...
"Come on, guys, would one of you at least try to compete with Apple? We'll, like, totally pay you."
A bit off topic, but: Where's the pun?
Let's see: I'll cannibalize this steak. Then I'll cannibalize a banana. Then watch some TV, but not too much, because that's been cannibalizing my reading time. No good. The article's use of the word is sloppy. iPads eat into PC sales; they don't "cannibalize" PC sales. But that's all a tangent. Back to the story –
Let's step away from the needless political comments, and discuss something more important: Was awesome wire action part of the "scuffle"? "Everybody was kung fu fighting..."
This is good stuff, and important news for the CJK markets. Vertical text on a Mac, right out of the box, is a big plus. And maybe third-party apps will be able to draw on the feature easily too; that'd be fantastic for Mac software in CJK markets. @wizard69: "This should make TextEdit more than suitable for many users needs. That means no need to install pages. " If you're suggesting that Pages does vertical text; that's not right; it unfortunately doesn't. But I...
Too bad Steve couldn't start on that new house around 2005, when a guy making a dollar a year could get a home loan.