or Connect

Posts by Rockarollr

This exactly. Thank you for basically taking the words out of my mouth. This "Zither Zather whatever the f*ck" guy is extremely irritating. But, from what I can gather from almost every one of his posts, that's exactly what he wants to be. That must be a sad and lonely existence. This guy is just an anti-Apple, anti-Steve Jobs troll that really has no business even being a member of this forum and should be completely shunned. I have this to say to him: "Go spew your...
[QUOTE=SolipsismX;2067668]So we have my post clearly talking about taking it out of the country. Yet this guy states that Verizon wins yet Verizon has 1/2 the LTE spectrum as the AT&T iPad model. "This guy" would like to state that NEITHER model will work on LTE outside of North America... so your point is simply moot, brutha. Verizon wins... spectrum-wise. Period. Done. Seeya!!!
How do you figure the Verizon model has less connectivity options? Even taking the AT&T model's extra 2100 MHz LTE frequency into account, yes, that is one frequency the AT&T model doesn't have. Now, add the Verizon model's extra two CDMA frequencies that the AT&T model doesn't have, and tell me (numerically) which one has less cellular connectivity? The Verizon model technically utilizes *one more frequency* than the AT&T model - making me right if you gauge it by that...
How nice of you to cut my sentence off at a point that conveniently changes the takeaway message, for the sake of your argument. I do believe an accurate quote of what I said was more like: "In fact, the Verizon model has every capability the AT&T model has (LTE also being available but different) plus the added capability to connect to a CDMA network." I get it now. It bothered you that I said, "Verizon wins." and you chose an AT&T model iPad. Well now, that explains...
Are you genuinely inquiring or just being purposefully confrontational? I couldn't quite tell. I did acknowledge that LTE capabilities on both models are different. Therefore, there's really no need to point out that the Verizon LTE model doesn't operate at 2100 MHz. As long as the CDMA network you want to connect to operates at either 800 or 1900 MHz, you'll be good to go. How are you going to connect an AT&T iPad to a CDMA network in Canada? It offers no CDMA...
So would you be if you had chosen the Verizon model. In fact, the Verizon model has every capability the AT&T model has (LTE also being available but different) plus the added capability to connect to a CDMA network. Both models support worldwide GSM capability. Don't believe it? Go check out the new iPad's Tech Specs page and look under "Wireless and Cellular". Compare closely. Verizon wins.
That guy is nothing more than a troll - didn't sign up with AI until 2012 and already has over 700 posts. He always has some little quip to try and stir the pot. I'm sure that he then sits back and gets a kick out of watching people come to Apple's defense. I have just learned to glance at the names on the left-hand side of each post and when I see certain ones, I just skip over them and disregard their posts completely. His is one of them.
I am in the same boat. I have AT&T service for my iPhone 4 (from 2010) but chose a Verizon LTE model iPad instead of an AT&T model. The reasons were three-fold: 1) AT&T doesn't offer LTE coverage where I live, Verizon does. 2) I have grown to have a serious disdain for AT&T and may switch to Verizon with the new iPhone refresh this year. 3) If you get the Verizon LTE model, it supports both CDMA and GSM networks. The AT&T model only supports GSM.
So, regarding pre-ordering "The new iPad"... I have a question. If I pre-order today, can I designate an Apple Store to pick it up at on launch day or do I only have the option to have it shipped to my home? I would like to pre-order an iPad to guarantee that I get one on launch day, but would actually enjoy the experience of going to the (very nice) mall nearby, where the Apple Store is located, to pick it up. I actually enjoyed the line wait (and company) when I...
"And to touch." has its own sentence. It means something - something beyond the already understood notion that an iPad has a touch screen. That's a given. I'd be willing to bet this means something just a little more...