or Connect

Posts by Rockarollr

First AT&T and now Kraft??? Does anyone have even a smidgen of respect left for the Mac addict?
As a soon-to-be iPad owner, I can understand app developers using the 'XL' suffix to distinguish iPad versions of their applications from iPhone/iPod touch versions. However (and please correct me if I'm completely wrong here), isn't using the term 'HD' here just a bit misleading? If I remember correctly, the iPad's screen resolution is 1024x768 - which would make it a bit shy of the minimum requirement to display true HD content, right?
Something tells me that when you're a stockholder it helps to know your stock's correct ticker symbol.
Let's not fool ourselves here, folks. This "tablet" device is simply going to be a new "OOOO, AAAHH!" way for Apple to sell EVEN MORE apps and an extended array of iTunes content. The device has been designed to be nothing more than a conduit for more easy content revenue. Remember...this is all about delivering that "cheap for Apple" to produce content and producing the devices that will draw the customer in. Let me sum it all up, the way I see it. 1) No recent...
iSlate = choice of white or black plastic unibody w/ 7" screen, base model w/802.11n WiFi only...this model would be akin to the iPod touch and made for those that don't want the monthly bill of a telecom.iSlate Pro = aluminum unibody w/ larger 10" screen, more memory w/802.11n WiFi and 3G connectivity...this model would be akin to the iPhone and would/could be subsidized by telecoms with a service contract. Just a wild guess on my part...
I actually wrote an email to Steve Jobs nearly a year ago asking him if Apple has considered the purchase of a mobile telco in the near future in order to help the iPhone reach its true potential. As expected, I didn't get a reply. I'm just hoping that somehow that email reached Steve's eyeballs and made him consider that move in his head just one extra time. Maybe if enough people suggest it, he'll begin to see it as the way to go and consider the move more...
Sony's PSPGo will bomb. Plain and simple. The hardware is overpriced for "last-gen" technology and its physical attributes did not address the one main complaint that most PSP users have - a second analog control stick/nub. For these reasons alone the adoption rate of the PSPGo will be abysmal. What Sony needs to do is create a NEW, more powerful PSP2 system that utilizes the best idea put forth with the PSPGo and that is downloadable content. They also need to address...
While not necessarily the best deal in town, money-wise, I opted for the low-end unibody 15" Macbook Pro over the 13" Macbook for several reasons. The main reason was the Macbook's lack of a firewire port. (I'm almost sure this was one of Apple's schemes to get people who capture and edit even the smallest amount of video to pony up for the Pro!) One of the other reasons was the more powerful graphics card (9600GT vs 9400M). The third reason was, upon an in-person...