or Connect

Posts by bluenix

Maybe they are just looking to produce some extremly stiff glass fronts for their retail stores so that some dumbasses can't drive their ghetto cars through them anymore :)
Not an expert here, not a developer. But to get developers to use the latest xcode doesn't mean much to the look and feel of the app. As I understands it, it makes the devs using the latest iOS technolgies and APIs. Nothing wrong with that, actually it's good for us user, because any problems with that can be solved by apple easier than having to respect a wagon of legacy technologies/APIs.   About the UI of iOS: From a personal standpoint I have always kinda liked it....
 I'm usually very understandable with most critics on Apple's products. They have good reasons. But I also think that Apple knows what they are offering/doing. The non replacable batteries in iPods have been a big thing back then. Does anybody still care??? What you gain (in great battery life, less weight/thickness) is usually more than what you give up. Tim put it right, we (the customers) are paying Apple to make those decisions. Thus far they have been making good...
The search in Apple's Maps is one of the things that bother me sometimes. I've never really had problems with misplaced POIs or roads and I find the handling of the app actually better than Google Maps. But Google is just ahead in terms of search. So I saw this article here with great interest and hope that the know-how will soon make it over to other Apple services (maps, mail ...) If just entering fractions of an address in Apple Maps will point the user to what he was...
I installed it on my Late 2007 iMac (2.4 Ghz, 4GB Memory) .... and it runs faster than Mountain Lion. Infact, they give me 0 reason to buy one of those incredibly sexy new iMacs.  The Mac feals like on the very first day back in September 2007 when I started it up with Tiger.   Apple with its OSX releases is clearly concentrating on the stuff that's under the hood. They always have. And I guess that's why they can support old hardware as long as it's 64bit and dual...
Seriously, it gets boring. I'm really not one who complains about analysts, I just let them do their (often poor) job. But what really bugs me is that they come up with "information" and as their release date gets closer it is NEVER their fault, but instead they  argue that the project got delayed on Apple's side.   It is always production problems or supply problems that causes their predictions to come out false.   Really!!????   At least admit that you have been...
Yes, had the same issue with their iOS App. Couldn't choose the unlocked version. So I ordered it on their website.   I was wondering if it's worth trying to get up early and wait in line. Has anyone been able to purchase an unlocked (t-mobile) version in an Apple Store? Or does T-mobile sell them in their stores?
I was surprised by the high price, too. But after a little thinking it comes clear what the strategy behind that really is.   Apple will NOT go after the "cheap" phones out there. They have never done with iPods or Computers either. Let the others sell millions and millions of crippled smartphones around the world and make virtually no money out of it. And yes, millions and millions of first time customer will buy them. But none will be really happy about it. So for...
 Well, I was referring to that. Just asking if my conclusion was right :)
I know it's early and it's a bit techy... But I was going through Apple's specs page and in particular the LTE band section.   Traveling between the US and Germany a lot I was hoping for an iPhone that can connect to LTE bands in both countries (unfortunately the "old" iPhone 5 was either compatible with the German or the US LTE band).   From what I read, the 5s Model A1533 is the one you get when you buy it unlocked (T-mobile) and it's capable of running German LTE...