or Connect

Posts by bluenix

I'm getting a bit excited about this. Wether it'll be backed by NFC or not, I'm sure Apple will have it thought through to be easy enough for the user (no need to think about the technology behind it).   CC companies will not be left out. Apple is not going to enter that field.   What I'm seeing here is a payment system that will work OK for shops, restaurants ect.... but what about paypal? What if Apple has a system that is also used for purchases made with your...
Quote: So true!PR has to be planned and Apple with their tick to controll EVERYTHING certainly is planning this too. But they do it insanely smart! It is the right amount, the right "things" and always usint the right channel. It seems so personal and intimate or unplanned, but I'm sure it is. But as with many things in Cupertino, they just have the smartest people doing exactly what they are good at. Same goes for advertising. Apple would NEVER make fun of other...
It's not a secret, Apple (Steve Jobs) was furious about Android and saw a ton of Apple ideas simply stolen. You might agree or not, but the competitiveness between the two companies started to really evolve there.   If I'm not mistaken, the Google Maps app was one of the things that escalated the situation a bit. Mapping on a device means LOTS of information. For Apple that's a selling point "We keep your information private! We only use it to increase the product...
... and people are still concerned that Apple paid too much for Beats ...
 Exactly my thought too. Beats is pushing into the car, too. So what if Apple (after some negotiation with labels) gets their full iTunes catalogue available to stream - for those who are into the subscription model. Plus enhance iTunes Radio with Beats' praised playlists?  And to think further - what if Iovine is to turn iTunes into a real publishing platform, where artists can sign up (bypassing record labels)?  All speculation. But Apple is not spending 3 billion...
Daniel's articles are usually putting another light ion facts n a very favorable apple-direction. Sometimes it's actually interesting, sometimes it's a far stretch.... But in this case he's just plain wrong. Whatever share apple has bought STILL counts as "on the market" and still counts as part of the market cap. Sorry Daniel. Put that article down. It's really misleading.
Maybe they are just looking to produce some extremly stiff glass fronts for their retail stores so that some dumbasses can't drive their ghetto cars through them anymore :)
Not an expert here, not a developer. But to get developers to use the latest xcode doesn't mean much to the look and feel of the app. As I understands it, it makes the devs using the latest iOS technolgies and APIs. Nothing wrong with that, actually it's good for us user, because any problems with that can be solved by apple easier than having to respect a wagon of legacy technologies/APIs.   About the UI of iOS: From a personal standpoint I have always kinda liked it....
 I'm usually very understandable with most critics on Apple's products. They have good reasons. But I also think that Apple knows what they are offering/doing. The non replacable batteries in iPods have been a big thing back then. Does anybody still care??? What you gain (in great battery life, less weight/thickness) is usually more than what you give up. Tim put it right, we (the customers) are paying Apple to make those decisions. Thus far they have been making good...
The search in Apple's Maps is one of the things that bother me sometimes. I've never really had problems with misplaced POIs or roads and I find the handling of the app actually better than Google Maps. But Google is just ahead in terms of search. So I saw this article here with great interest and hope that the know-how will soon make it over to other Apple services (maps, mail ...) If just entering fractions of an address in Apple Maps will point the user to what he was...