or Connect

Posts by dfiler

You should ask in one of the threads that are already 100% devoted to said banners. http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=75297 http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=75280
I like some of the changes but the one annoyance is the destandardization of "tabs".   Why aren't tabs drawn such that they communicate the fact that they are a "tab". With the newly destrandardized widgets, there is no longer a visual distinction between a button and a tab. In fact, we don't even have a word to describe the bastardized tabs... because they are no longer drawn as tabs.   Think for a second how you would verbally walk someone through using the...
  So funny.   (I'm a comedian, so I know something about funny.)
  I too thought it was somewhat comical.   To paraphrase... "the SSD reader is in a good spot unless you actually need to use it"    The location is obviously horrible from a useability standpoint. That fact isn't even arguable.   However, a reasoned argument could be made that the loss of usability is acceptable because it allows a preferable form factor for the computer. While I disagree that it was the correct tradeoff, that is just an opinion based upon the relative...
Do the new iMacs support jumbo frames? My i7 27" iMac doesn't and I dream of one day being able to re-enable jumbo frames on the home LAN. 
  Feel free to offer a differing opinion. (And then hit up amazon to spec out a new sense of humor)
  There's no indication of Apple listening or not listening.   Remember, pretty much every imaginable feature has been demanded by at least some percentage of their customers. Ironically, that percentage is quite low in regard to fusion drives. Yes, us geeks and forum mongers are interested in ssd storage. But the general public doesn't even know what that is.   So in this case, if I were to hazard a guess, it would be that apple ignored the stated wishes of customers and...
  What happens when ... ?   Same thing that happens when someone shows up with an audio or vhs cassette. First we mock and laugh uncontrollably. Then we hold a mini intervention.   Not only is it analogous to the floppy removal, optical media is actually less common today than floppies were back when the imac first came out. For example, students today almost never use optical disks. Back when the imac was released, many students still used floppies. It was truly the only...
  The future of computing is not a one-size-fits-all touch focused world. Instead, the future is a wide array of devices and interactions. Of course, some will be more popular than others. It is simply ludicrous to suggest that a battery powered, handheld device is a suitable replacement for consumer desktops. Some people need as much memory and processing power as possible given a particular budget. Some people need ports and input devices that don't make sense on a...
  Running my imac at 720p and sending 720p via airparot to an ATV2 made everything smooth. Not a perfect solution and likely why apple doesn't support this iMac for airplay. But if you're willing to change resolution prior to using airparot, it works perfectly, no dropped frames.