or Connect

Posts by dfiler

The new iPad(3) has a display with better color saturation. Even if playing SD video, it will look better on the new iPad. "Better" is completely subjective though. Some people will say it is worth while other people will say it is not worth it. The only way to know if you will think the difference is significant, is to see one in person.
The examples given for drastically increased app sizes seem to be apps that have stock image libraries for use in creating content. This is significant to some people but not to others. Sure some people will need more storage, but the point that I was making is that for a large percentage of people, 16G will still be enough. For instance, high-res buttons won't drastically change the size of apps like maps, netflix or mail. As for a virtual reduction in max storage space,...
I think people will quickly recalibrate their expectations for what is socially acceptable behavior. While some people might feel foolish holding up an iPad as a camera, that self-consciousness will likely diminish over time as it becomes common. The iPad also offers an unprecedented way to shoot video. A viewfinder that offers 1080p and can be seen at arms reach... it truly is a new paradigm. It isn't just acceptable, it is actually superior. In the near future,...
It is baffling that some people seem to be personally insulted that Apple offers a 16GB model. For many users a 16GB model has more than enough storage. A massive percentage of the iPad userbase only browses the web, emails, watches you-tube, looks at an occasional map. Perhaps a few 3rd party apps are installed, maybe a cookbook, netflix, or a handful of games. 16GB is more than enough for this type of user. They aren't looking to store media files and don't plan on...
I just received shipment notice on a pre-ordered ATV3. While it is scheduled to be officially released on March 16th, the same day as iPad (3), it looks like Apple hasn't paid to have these held for delayed shipment. My pre-ordered iPad3 has been sitting in a nearby city for quite a few days. It will sit there until the scheduled delivery date of the 16h. However the ATV has shipped and fedex tracking is predicting that it will arrive on the 15th, one day early. Now...
Absolutely.
Orphaned graphics and other web components are not uncommon. A very tiny percentage of these are the result of high-level strategic decisions to pull content. The speculation is possibly, maybe even likely true. But not "absolutely".
Why did I waste time watching that? While it is likely the real thing, on video it is indistinguishable from an iPad2.
This part of the story is speculation, as is the headline. I routinely generate tons of graphics in the early phase of a project. Some make the final cut, some don't. That doesn't necessarily mean that I am "avoiding" showing them. The speculation is likely true but it is still speculation. Being accurate wouldn't be as sensational though... anything to raise the click count apparently.
I meant to say "is there evidence?" But you're still fixating on scheduling, a minor aside and a distraction from the main point. That was that we don't know yet if the clock speed has stayed the same or if it has been upgraded. The doubling seen in the graph isn't really evidence of it remaining the same. As for perfectly parallizable computation, definitely an interesting topic. I don't want to get stuck in a debate about that. But while GPU operations are generally much...