or Connect

Posts by kent909

I wonder if those who jailbroke their phones and experience finacial losses, if they will get no recourse due to it is their own fault.
I have had many conversations over the years with cable  and satalite companies where the position was always, "customers want channel packages. We tried alacarte and they did not buy." This is probably true as for the most part television is a passive activity. People plop down in front of the TV and surf around until something catches their interest. DVR's has changed this somewhaat to now poeple will at least take the time to program the DVR to get what they want. For a...
Yeah I put it on my work computer and had booting issues. After installing the first Windows Update sent out the machine would not boot at all. Fortunately the roll back to Windows 7 was easy and sucessful. Since I have a 3 year old Dell Insperon, maybe I expect too much. /s
Too funny. The guy is barred from working until the end of the year. Nice vacation. Samsung was complicit in this and of course nothing about a company stealing trade secrets being unethical or illegal in anyway. Let's get serious here folks, no one involved really cares about the ethics of this or intends to end any future motivation for this to happen again.  This was just TSMC way of getting a little retribution for the outcome of the  decision to not promote this guy.
I'm glad when I get up in the morning to go to work I don't have to spend my time living with this insanity. What a waste of human existence.
I installed Windows 10 on my work computer. I was a little shocked at the privacy questions and settings that were presented during the install. I of course turned all requests for data to off. This article is disturbing but not entirely surprising. I had issues with booting 10, it would take two attempts to happen. My Office 2013 kept having issues that required me to repair the installation. I downloaded the first update for 10 that I was presented with and it broke...
This has nothing to do with the technology or the method of creating information. This is just about what people are willing to do regarding trashing the constitution. The same attitude may result in torture to get the guy in the 1950's to give up the key. You find more covert ways of getting what you want.
Nicely said, however this is not the way our world works now. You say you will do anything to hold the constitution sacred. Do you literally mean anything. How about resigning from your job and abandoning your career. Then not being able to pay your mortgage, feed your family, pay for your child's college etc. Are you willing to do that? Are your superiors also willing or will they fire you if you do not follow orders to violate peoples civil liberties. This all has to...
The only consolation in all of this is that the people who are slowly removing our civil liberties and abandoning the constitution will some day fall victim to their own actions. They won't always be in power and those who take over will turn this back onto the creators for their own purposes. Careful what you ask for, as it is said.
I have a shower head that I got from Lowe's that puts out 1.6 gpm. I paid $39.95. I take 4-5 minute showers witch includes the time for hot water to arrive. So why would I want this. The ROI is going to be much longer than 2 years. As anoher commenter pointed out if you solve the problem of waiting for hot water you will do much more good.