or Connect

Posts by kent909

Now that HBO, Showtime and CBS have announced that next year you will be able to subscribe without a cable subscription, the clock has started. The device that offers those choices first and the many that will follow is going to win the race. After content I think it will come down to hardware. What more can you put into a device the size of an Apple TV that you cannot put into a Chromecast size device. Maybe nothing, in which case it will be interesting to watch.
Another exciting discussion about ads. Life is wonderful.
Boo Yaa. The rumors start.
What was Intel thinking? Did they really think there would be any substantial payoff down the road? Maybe they all had to get together and make cheap tablets just to remain relevant, or become completely irrelevant if they did nothing.
I really don't think any of the people who are posting here are executive management for any of the ISP's. So I wonder why all these people are arguing any point other than the one that would bring them the fastest Internet speeds at the lowest prices. I have no reason to believe that doing what Obama has indicated is going to make my experience any better or worse than it is. I currently rarely experience problems streaming. Maybe all that is needed is to do away with the...
What if instead Apple used this same money to bring Internet access to their customers directly. I have always wondered why Apple is playing nice. With all the money Apple has why they are so reluctant to disrupt the status quo. Maybe I don't fully understand what would be involved, but if Apple bought Sprint or T-Mobile and began selling wireless access to the Internet for $10/mo. and used all that income to build out the network to offer better coverage and speeds. What...
Innovative disruption
Greed always wins out over values and principles. 
I not sure you could make it worse. Not even the Republicans could do that. So apparently your Internet access is so incredibly  good, meaning you are getting like 1 gig up and down and it is only costing you $29 a month. How dare Obama come in and mess with that. Well in reality you are not getting that and you argue for the people who want to make sure it never gets better. Unless you want to pay more. I always love it when people argue against their own best interests.
All fine and good. With an APR from 13.99 % to as high as 26.99% why would anyone think this is a good deal. If you think you need to charge someone 26% maybe you should not be lending them money. This is sad since Apple has so many billions in the bank, that they would participate in predatory lending. I will stick with my 6.5% card thank you.