or Connect

Posts by kent909

It would appear that as long as we buy the product that they want to sell us we won't get the product we want. I was planning on cutting the cord with the release of the new service. I am done waiting. If they won't sell me what I want then I am going to go ahead and cut the cord anyway. I spent the last week not watching anything on cable and did just fine. I am sure we can live longer without watching cable then they can live without revenue. It is summer rerun time,...
I used to have Charter. I did not like them much in the beginning. But as time went by it got better. I had to move and now I have Comcast and I long for the time when I had Charter.Things could be worse.
Well as long as the update doesn't cause your heart to skip, I guess we will be OK. 
Someone please explain to me how this approach benefits the content providers. I cannot imagine that they will lose viewers by being available on another device. More viewers means more revenue, right? Cable is already losing customers, by making the content available to cord cutters another way seems to be a way to recover lost viewers. Technological advances continuously suffer due to stupidity, fear and greed.
They should just buy whole town of Cupertino and change the name to iTown   
We don't need another TV set, from anyone. We need a new way to choose and get what we want to watch. The music model works. You like a song buy or stream it. You like the album choose that. Like a particular episode of a show. Buy it or stream it. Want the season of a show, buy it or stream it. This is not complicated as far as the technology goes. Until we can focus on the reason this does not happen we will forever be stuck pursuing better technology to show the same...
Please elaborate on what you mean by packages.  
 I still buy music and some comes from hearing it on the radio and some from listening to Pandora or iTunes Radio. The later makes it very easy to buy. I think if music is really good people will want to own it.  So maybe music isn't all that good anymore. Streaming is certainly more defined as to just choosing a rock, country or classical station. Although streaming at times is amusing. You create, for an example, an Eric Clapton station and the first song is Clapton but...
Remember when you listened to a thing called radio and they played music over the air and you had to listen to commercials. Oh wait you can still do that for free. So if what is wrong with streaming music must also be wrong with radio? Why is Pandora not mentioned in this. I have listened to Pandora free with commercials since almost day one. Works for me. If I have to pay a monthly fee my level, of expectation will rise.
The congressional record shows that 39 Republican senators and 178 represenitatives voted against the bill. I guess you really meant to say that no Republicans voted for the bill, instead of they did not vote on the bill.