or Connect

Posts by kent909

Really! This is a story?
The only thing more amazing than all the constant rumors about what Apple is going to do, is all the comments from people who think they are smarter than Steve Jobs was. Everyone dismissing their own ideas, since they can't dismiss SJ ideas that have never be stated beyond rumors. I don't know if there will ever be a stand alone Apple TV or not. If there ever is, I am confident that the user interface will something no one posting their ideas here will have ever thought...
Consistency is the last refuge for the unimaginative.
To all the people who have come up with reasons why this will not work. Do you really think you are smarter than Steve Jobs was, and he never considered all of these technical issues? Really!
That is why Siri is still in beta!
In case you didn't notice the Apple TV you have does not support voice recognition.
You say to Siri: "What is on TV right now" Siri displays a list of programs on. "That's way too much, just show me sports programs" Siri displays only sports programs. "Let's watch Monday Night Football" Siri switches your TV to MNF, while akf2000 is asking where your 250 button remote is? Now we get to hear all the reasons this won't work.
Again, you are relating only to what you know. You are convinced that it can only being done with an existing method.
This is why SJ was a visionary and you are not. You are not looking past what you already know.
Did the example above show that it would be competitive? Beyond that, all of Apple products are typically priced above the competition. I think they would do very well in competing with other high quality televisions, like the Elite line from Panasonic. Selling a high quality product and once again not participating in the "race to the bottom" strategy.