or Connect

Posts by kent909

Question? When you plug a mouse into a tablet, does it cease being a tablet and become a PC?
Maybe this can be applied to the Enterprise as well. Tell corporations they have one year to adopt Windows 8 or be left behind with support. Windows 7 will be sold for another year at a premium price to Windows 8 and only be supported for one year after that. XP users will cease to exist for MS. No security updates, no service packs, no discounted tech support etc. Where are corporations going to go? Buy all new hardware using Apple? No! Moved everyone to Ubuntu? No!....
The thing that seems most relevant to me is the OS. It is listed at $90. If Microsoft is really going to get into the hardware business, needs to look at pricing differently. They need to subsidize the Surface by providing Windows to the OEM for $5-$10 license fee. They have already spent the money developing Windows 8 and the cost of doing that can be returned through sales of standard PC's to the Enterprise and consumers.  They don't have to sell RT or the license on...
I am always curious as to why people feel the need to express their moral and political beliefs on a technology website. You know there are many websites, where people care to hear them. Just saying.
Microsoft does not need to sell any phones! They have the Surface now. Time to move on to the next product that they will screw up and kill before it has a chance. Steve Ballmer definitely looks the part.
Another company quickly announces vaporware to compete with their competitors vaporware. Meanwhile Apple just keeps shipping.
Impressed with the idea. That is why I say the Pro is the key. It will arrive and run all the software your PC will run, hopefully. Office, Adobe, Auto desk etc. They spent 30 seconds because it is not close to being ready to run it.   When I sit in a meeting with my iPad I am very often wishing I could run Word or Excel without having to remote to my desktop. If this device can't really run Office or Adobe than it will be because of the hardware, not the software. I have...
I have to say I am far more impressed with the Surface after watching the keynote than I was from reading the pundit comments. I think the  Pro will kill the Ultra book market and cannibalize the laptop market. I doubt the RT version will do much of anything, especially if it does not have cellular connectivity. You can get bluetooth keyboards for the iPad now. I am sure before the release of the RT version you will be able to get a similar snap magnetic keyboard for the...
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah