or Connect

Posts by johnnash

Sorry man, the only gaming I do is WOW on the Mac client.    All humor about 'snappiness' aside, windows does seem a bit quicker and there are a couple of nice features they've added.  There's a bug being reported in their forums which I'm also experiancing where you can't seem to type in coherence mode in Windows 7, Windows 8 doesn't have the problem.  You might want to wait a couple of days for them to patch that before installing if you work in coherence a lot.  I do...
Ok, well here's a problem.   It seems that you can't actually type in a coherence window in windows 7..  Looks like it's just in Windows 7, windows 8 works just fine.     Guys at Parallels?  Really?    
BTW - here is the knowledge base article with the list of changes  http://kb.parallels.com/en/114669   I have it running, the only thing I've run across so far that doesn't seem to be working right is dictation.  When I hit FN twice to start dictating in Outlook, I just get the beep you get in OS X when you try to start dictation but a input window (like an email) doesn't have focus.   Besides that, things do seem snappier.  :P   But it's only been 10 min or...
  FYI - I took the plunge and installed it, they have 'experimental' DX10 support.  
  It sounds like there's something wrong with your install, that's always worked and I use Parallels in coherence 9+ hours a day for work.  In fact nothing you mentioned is an issue for me.   The only issue I have is since ML came out, switching between open windows became a little weird, sometimes they actually are brought into focus and sometimes they are not.  I'm willing to pay the $50 upgrade tax just to get rid of that!    
  Reset your PRAM.  I had the slowness on two of my systems and that fixed it.      Note http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379      
  Mountain Lion SP 1 - coming to an IMac near you.  
  From the web page:   AT&T Mobile Share plans include a monthly data charge plus a monthly charge for each device you add up to a total of 10 devices. At least one smartphone is required to be part of each AT&T Mobile Share group. Includes Unlimited Talk & Text for all phones, FREE Mobile Hotspot for capable smartphones, and no roaming or long distance charges...
  Netflix content has been going down the tubes the last few months.  I didn't count, but it looked like they added a whole 1 or 2 new releases last month (I'm probably wrong on that) and some old TV content and older movies.  I haven't seen anything newer come along that looks remotely interesting in a while.   However Breaking Bad is a pretty good show, I've been working thru all the back seasons since last week!    
Installed in about 40 min with no obvious issues.  However it did seem to decide that it didn't like the backups on my time capsule and deleted not only the backup for the machine i upgraded, but for the other two machines in my house.  I find this kind of annoying.  I would be truly upset if I hadn't intended to do the same thing to them after I had upgraded them all.  However now I also have to re-backup the other two machines before the upgrade since their backups...