or Connect

Posts by johnnash

What loses? They'll be getting a $4 Billion check from AT&T for their time and trouble. I'd say that some people will be getting a bonus. However as an AT&T customer, I suspect I am going to see a rate increase in my future.
As a Samsung Galaxy S owner who drank the cool-aid, switch from an iPhone to a Samsung and is now impatiently waiting for his contract to end so I can go back to an iPhone, I fully support your statement.
Am I being overly cheap by thinking that's way to expensive for a phone I'll use for maybe 2 years tops before I upgrade to the next best thing that they put out? I think they could make a good amount of money if they sell them at price points that are more aligned with their cost plus a price point, not a (guessing) 300 - 400% markup.
While I like the concept of storing all my data in the cloud, I worry that once we start becoming dependent on doing so that our ISP's will move to capping the amount of data we use in a month. This is already practice in other countries in the US, and several ISP's here (Comcast, TWC) have already tried it. The mobile operators have already basically en masse moved to it, it's only a matter of time until the major ISP's attempt to do the same in earnest.
I have the same number of phones and a 1400min plan and we did the same thing. We currently have over 10k min in our roll over due to it.
What we need right now is another cabling standard (like I need another hole in my head). How about this: We standardize on a cabling standard for power.. say.. Micro USB, and then we use whatever power adaptor we want from there on out. For sync? how about BT or Wifi (which is coming I know) or if they really want to crazy, powerline. That way Apple can have their really expensive power bricks and we can have connectivity to all the devices in the house.
I would recommend. I found (on my late 2008 8GB MBP) a noticeable performance increase on Win7 machines which i believe to be worth the cost all by itself.
Actually I run Lion and have quicken in a VM built JUST for that task, which sucks. But you do it. Paralells, VMWare, Crossover are some of the apps that can do it.
I switched from Parallels v4 (a while back) to VMWare and recently back. They have came a long way since the version (don't remember the v#) I was running pre-VMWare and I think you'd be surprised if you took a look. The performance differences between the two products was quite apparent when I switched back to Parallels about six months ago.
Actually I migrated away from IPhone a year ago simply for the maps application on Android. I found the GMAPS to be superior to anything that was available on the apps store at the time (it WAS over a year ago) and I refuse to pay a subscription to someone like Garmen when the mapping is available for free on another device. I did this solely as I was doing some heavy travelling at the time and needed to make a choice between buying an updated dedicated GPS unit or a...