or Connect

Posts by c4rlob

FYI - in-person you can barely notice the gold coloring. At least in a naturally lit situation. In the Apple store I picked up the gold one, and then put it back down thinking I had grabbed the silver one. It's much more like a nickel-finish you see on kitchen hardware. Seems like a waste of manufacturing that it isn't noticeably gold %u2013 whether it were dull, yellow, or rose gold.
The external adapters are specifically for "charging" instead of continuous power. So a portable device would seem to be the logical guess. I'm not an electrician, but I'm assumimg increased wattage is for a battery with increased capacity. Which would lead me to think they are significantly increasing the iPad's battery life, or releasing a smaller product with extremely long battery life %u2013 as in an iWatch?
I just realized the new iOS 7 icon for Contacts uses different color tabs for "A", "B", "C", and "D". The colors seem to imply the colors are somehow relevant to the Contacts app. However, I'm not aware of any functionality that assigns different colors to anything alphabetical or anything at all, right? Seems like a misleading visual cue if it doesn't address actual funactionality %u2013 especially since the other productivity app icons (Calendar, Notes, Reminders) use...
I just realized the new iOS 7 icon for Contacts uses different color tabs for "A", "B", "C", and "D". That makes the colors seem relevant to the Contacts features. However, I'm not aware of any functionality that assigns different colors to anything alphabetical or anything at all, right? Seems like a misleading visual cue if it doesn't address actual funactionality %u2013 especially since the other productivity app icons (Calendar, Notes, Reminders) use colors that mimic...
I doubt Apple would call it Champagne – they tend to favor basic, solid, strong elemental themes – glass, aluminum, silver, slate, black, white. Champagne sounds soft, fizzy, frivolous. Even with their new rainbow iPods the color names are unassuming and basic - blue, yellow, pink. So my guess is the gold color would be called something solid and elemental – like gold, or sand, or quartz (which has many hues).   It doesn't seem to follow their logic to "borrow" the...
Ahhh! That might be the name. I was thinking "quartz" or "sand" (goes with the whole California beach culture), but white gold sounds more straight forward. Somewhere in a conference room in Cupertino are a couple pieces of paper on a table. I would bet "white gold" is on one of those papers. I would betn a trash can, 
Actually, the antenna lines don't look exactly white either, they look slightly gold too. So following that cue would indicate a new bezel color that matches the gold.

Everyone talks about Apple putting their Apple TV technology into a TV panel. But what if Apple did the reverse and just slapped a projector into the existing size of the Apple TV box. It's almost the size of a mini-projector. And it probably wouldn't need to be that much bigger to be a very high-quality projector. So just skip the whole TV set manufacturing.
I seriously hope Samsung and Apple announce a wearable watch/band around the same week. It would be the perfect side-by-side comparison of what each company is able to deliver without the benefit of copying the other or the excuse of tic-toc catchup.