or Connect

Posts by jz1492

Even though Apple cannot patent quality, I don't think this ends well for Samsung. They will just "quality" themselves out of their market -- cost-conscious Android users.
This article would make perfect sense if made in a vacuum, yet there is a method to the numbering madness.   It just happens that Apple gets a hearty subsidy from the carriers, who in turn make it up by keeping most of their subscribers tied to 2-year contracts on the same phone.   As it is now, a lot of them subscribers bitch and moan for the latest and greatest every year, creating pressure on the carriers to concede and lose some potential profit in the...
Not so fast. These all are corner-pull, window-resizing gestures. Watch carefully and you will notice the squares don't start resizing up until at least one finger passes over a corner.   They just extended the use of a mouse to multi-touch.   Lame.
Beleaguered Motorola and HTC were first with Android, yet Samsung is the one soaring in the marketplace without a commensurate marketing effort. Which goes a long way to prove that the more they copy Apple, the better their chances of prevailing --until they lose in court, that is. If Apple's legal team are using this as proof to estimate damages, Samsung could end up having to pay Apple a googol dollars.
Yep, but consider this:Is there a company more invested than Apple in pointing out the difference between Macs and PCs? --"I'm a Mac, and I'm a PC". Branding, not meaning.Have you heard any Apple spokesperson, let alone master communicator Steve Jobs, ever refer to a Mac as a PC?Yet, Steve's choice of words for the announcement of the most significant expansion of their most important invention of at least the last few years, the AppStore, is to mention PCs twice as often...
Was that misspoken, misquoted, or prophetic?
PlayBook is nothing more than a repackage of the QNX + Adobe Air embedded platform, originally intended for vertical applications in the automotive, industrial, medical and other industries --i.e. inside limited purpose devices. QNX Automotive PDF No wonder they can be showing all these demos so early. Definitely a forte of Flash. But the big question remains whether the QNX embedded platform is suitable as a general purpose computing device. With what we've...
If ads can bring you better free apps, the end user wins, especially if they are allowed to pay for the option of ad-free versions. Moreover, if the ads can be an attraction, granted maybe not to all, then what's in iAds to dislike? If people are voluntarily clicking and re-clicking on those ads, isn't that a good thing? How far are we from having the Best iAds of the Year event? People in love with ads? Happens on TV.
Enforcing the law is what I meant both times. I'm no ultra libertarian anarchist. I'm more in line with the founders, as many other people are.You generally use faith when you don't, or you can't understand something. But that is only excusable in matters of the soul. In more mundane matters, like economics and politics, faith is not excusable. If you don't understand it, you read about it, ask the people involved, compare. You don't follow blindly or repeat complaints...
Regulation has a place in protecting the basic rights of all involved, including property rights, basic human rights (not government given "rights"), and fairness of opportunity, but not fairness of achievement. Other regulations may be necessary depending on the specific industry or situation, but should only be enacted after careful consideration, public review and general consensus, as in general, regulations are constraints on freedom. Free markets certainly give the...