or Connect

Posts by Douglas Bailey

Need more AAPLs quick!
On your ip6+ right?
"There are certainly a lot of compelling technologies being developed, which is great for the mobile-commerce industry as a whole."   e.g. ApplePay.   "Ultimately, what matters is that consumers have a payment option that is widely accepted, secure and developed with their best interests in mind."   e.g. ApplePay once everyone get's their NFC on.   "MCX member merchants already collectively serve a majority of Americans every day."   But how well do you serve...
Tip for anyone visiting the USA who has got themselves a debit card from a participating USA bank: Passbook won't let you add cards until you go to Settings > General > Language & Region > Region and set it to United States. This may seem obvious but since those who are from the USA don't have to change this setting it's not noted in any of the instruction guides. Took me 2hrs to work it out. :/
Although it doesn't crash on me it only lets me work on the prior months photos. I have 120 months of photos I was going to review and can only do 1? Lame.
Really? With Dropbox I just have to, you know, drop stuff. How is that not handy? Or maybe I should ask how can iCloud Drive be more handy than that?
It's not for you. It's for me; I haven't played it yet.
 Simple but effective. That solution is brilliant and I hope it's the way Apple goes. I agree that making it tuned to each users individual voice would be overly complicated. Being able to set your own activation phrase would also get around this problem I've been having. Siri, in the car is listening in on my audiobooks and 50% of the time she responds when one particular narrator says, 'I say.'   - Strange but true (and a bit annoying).
Benjamin, you haven't checked your facts;   I said iOS 8 and I gave examples of two situations where many users would have their phone plugged in to power.     Granted, in the car situation I didn't explicitly state that the car driver would have their phone plugged in but those who know of the feature can draw that conclusion.    iOS 8 : Settings > General > Siri > Voice Activation: 'You can speak to Siri without pressing the home button by saying, "Hey Siri" when...
Using code seems like a lot of trouble to make the phone dial...     After iOS 8 has wide release I could just put out a radio advert during rush hour/drive time that says,   'Hey Siri, dial 1900 xxx-xxx.'     Could probably throw in... 'Ok Google, dial 1900 xxx-xxx' for good measure.   That or maybe a late night TV ad for those who leave their phone charging in the living room and fall asleep with the TV running.   Ok, so I wouldn't do that.  But how cheeky will...