or Connect

Posts by Damn_Its_Hot

No kidding -- I would rather not be in either fight but since standing up for our rights and freedoms (here in the US anyway) is what this country is all about. A relatively small group of people got together in the early 1770's to hash this out -- the govt (at the time UK since the US was colonies) was ruthless at stamping out any freedoms sought by the rebels including killing, plundering, looting, etc... for even talking about such things. They became much less tolerant...
 So what happens if you have both a King and a Queen?   
So am I to understand that the phrase used in the UK currently is the Queen's English? Would make sense as there has not been a sitting king in the UK in my lifetime. I was referring to the phrase used as the title of a book and historically (in some literature) but english is a dynamic, changing language.
I guessed that (I actually thought of digitalclips myself) -- apparently my sarcasm didn't come thru (since I blew and didn't type the '¡' @ the end like I pictured it in my brain. The 'Kings English' is a link to a description of a work of the same name that has been superseded by 'Modern English Usage'. Apologies if I offended anyone. (How's that for dated phrasing?  ). Really didn't intend to offend, I was just poking fun at someones usage of the language. 
 I noticed a couple of differences. The first is that because one picture was apparently taken closer the black band photo makes the watch look huge! The other difference that stood out to me is that your arm in the first photo looks decidedly hairier then with the black band -- my guess is that this is not an illusion due to lighting but a possible waxing, shaving, etc. shortly after the visit to the Apple Store¡ I do agree that the black band does look much better....
I disagree. It is ignorant for 'gone'. Please don't imply poor grammar is an 'American' thing -- I've read some goofy sh*t from those speaking the King's English.
Why in the hell is it that if somebody goes to work for Apple or leaves Apple for someone else it is poaching? Sounds like someone took an opportunity to maybe better themselves or work closer to home, etc.... AI sez "This isn't the first time Uber made advances to an Apple employee", more likely a head hunter that found some talent to fill a position that was available. Sounds like working in a free market to me.   So why is this poaching?
You ain't seen crapola till you have had to use Yammer. Its a M$ Facebook wannabe that is horrible. It is supposed to be the place for you to go to cut out all the noise of Facebook and have a Facebook-ish way of conversing. Very easy to get lost in. I do not like social SW -- don't see the need (for me) and further don't want to have to maintain another client (especially M$). I thought I might be able to live without actually having to go there direct daily since it is...
Try as I will I just can't slow this thing down -- still feel like I'm in my 30's but my Drivers Lic. sez 50's (I also have a good memory as I was in 1st grade when my Dad said that).
Way back in the 60's it used to be said "If it costs like hell it must be Mattel!". I did read about the Mattel 'product' and do agree that it makes sense. I just couldn't help but be reminded of Zappa's lyrics "Is that a real poncho or a Sears poncho?" also.