or Connect

Posts by Damn_Its_Hot

Yes you can. It sucks. Reminds me of the neutering that was done to iMovie. Apple claimed it was simple and so much easier to use. The thing is that they did not tell you they were cutting features so that it does not have parity (or other features compelling enough to throw out the old). It does not do what iPhoto does (editing, viewing). It changes the paradigm from events and albums as your main navigation to a timeline (yes you can still have events and albums). It...
Didn't feel targeted therefore no apology necessary -- just a tad disoriented. I agree about the media. I think the media frenzy is an unfortunate side effect of the internet connected world i.e., to many Bozos claiming authority on subjects they know little about and audiences that are not skeptical enough to question them.
I am not sure how the reference to "gorgeous" worked its way in but I never used the word in this thread (or any other that I can remember).
As I recall there was a lot of (undue) pressure from more than one whacked out judge to settle these things. (BTW: I strongly disagree with the tactics that a couple of US Federal Judges have taken about scope of the law suits and feel that at least one is due to be censured for her uncalled for behavior to narrow this down.) I never said "Steve Jobs would have listened to accountants ... to save a few bucks" but when you get down to it that is one of the kind of decisions...
I suspect it was a simple choice of ROI. Somebody said 'how long are we going to flog this dead horse' and all parties met with something they could live with. Isn't the definition of a compromise when all parties leave with an agreement that none are completely happy with?
Ethics and morality dictate that lawyers should provide a service of some real value and I would argue that at the point that the tactics they use meet or exceed the value of the service they provide then something is wrong. There are areas of law practice where the lawmakers of come in and said that there is a maximum amount that can be charged. I don't see many lawyers clamoring for that business. As in most all businesses there are those that practice out of bounds (or...
There is nothing illegal about cross-licensing -- what SamsStunk did though was tried to charge totally out of line fees for the lic. (FRAND) and then said they would lower to something closer to legal as long as Apple x-lic. the stuff they wanted. That is where they got smacked if memory serves me correctly. 
 This is the right approach. The trick is how to implement it in a way that can keep the price of Apple products from sky rocketing. I know that a good sum supposedly can be saved in the transportation of production from China. Certainly the manufacturing lags can be cut way down which means Apple is more responsive to demand but how do you overcome the cost differential in hiring American workers that want an order of magnitude more per hour than the Chinese are willing...
 Why do you have to have engineers at Sammyland for Apple to get the A9?A Apple is designing the chip and Samsung is its foundry for the chips/SOC. I guess you technically need some sort of manufacturing engineer and some QA control engineers but the term engineer is used rather loosely here. In Texas statute defines Professional Engineering Practice to be "summarizes that a "public or private service or creative work, the adequate performance of which requires engineering...
Agreed! I call BS - some ding dong saw pictures of HiRes imaging kits on the top of leased minivans. From that he says the logical conclusion is Apple is going into the auto manufacture/sales/support. Oh, and they are self driving (despite the fact that Apple has no such permit for that kind of testing) - thats why the imaging kit on top - NOT. Oh, and lets set the bar nice and low at a 10% share of the auto market ? I think this is much more likely tied to mapping in a...