or Connect

Posts by Damn_Its_Hot

Although I posted earlier that I think a CEO has a responsibility to leave the personal stuff private and not put the company face on it by association and I still think that is true. In thinking further though most of what Apple has done is to Think Differently and to encourage others to do the same. There is always going to be someone that does not agree with your stand but my point was that the primary news making issue should have to do with the company -- I also...
 As a stock holder of AAPL if it cause a drop in sales and therefore trade value its not worth it. He has a fiduciary responsibility to the stock holders to keep his personal deals out of the business of the companies. Although his orientation doesn't matter to me there are numerous places/countries in this world where you can be executed or imprisoned for this behavior (in fact there was just an article about selling iPhones in Iran). Do you think in these totalitarian...
 I happen to think that it does not matter whether he announces it or not - I thought it was general knowledge. Once again, that I think that as Apple's CEO he has to be careful using his position as a bully pulpit to promote his political and moral stance on issues that have nothing to do with the tech market. You may say he is doing as an individual but what he says about political, racial, religious issues do reflect back on Apple, Inc. as his position as it's CEO. I am...
Jolly good!
Sort of reminds me of George Carlin's calling out other oxymorons like, "Jumbo Shrimp. JUMBO…shrimp!" it's like "military intelligence" Those words are mutually exclusive. You can't do that, right? It’s like, "semi-boneless ham" come on now "Semi-boneless ham?" Ain't no semi-bone! A bone is like a crumb. You don't think much of a crumb, but think about it. You break a crumb in half, you don't have two half-a-crumbs. You got two crumbs, man!  Yeah like "secure cloud-hosted...
I agree -- especially as Apple is attached to it whether that is his intention or not. The fact of the matter is that there are very strong feelings about race, religion, sexual orientation, involvement in wars, etc... I don't want Apple being tied to political issues that have the potential to influence sales of products and maintaining the pre-eminent lead in technology and design. Apple shouldn't be associated with the left or right or anywhere else other than producing...
I'm sure PayPal would be very happy to handle that transaction(s). 😯
Sorry dude but you can't do that with a publicly traded company. It is insider trading, same goes for telling you Mom or you 2nd cousin from BFE. If you don't think the SEC will find out about it, well enjoy that new Federal Country club you'll be staying in. Maybe you are to young to remember Martha Stewart and her troubles. She stood to lose $228K if the stock went to zero - she lost a whole hell of a lot more than that. 
Just curious but it would be interesting to see what the The old line about "Figures don't lie but liars sure know how to figure" sure comes to mind here. When you try to compare per capita debt without looking at things like personal & corporate taxes rates, govt spending, foreign aid (both humanitarian and military), GDP, long term versus short term debt and dozens of other factors it is quite disingenuous - why do you think the economists can't agree on the current...
The list more in the release notes.