or Connect

Posts by Damn_Its_Hot

I am not saying you have not had this experience but I don't think it is typical.
I agree. I'd be shocked at the small cost of keeping a team around to make that happen. I am sure that they are running OS X on some sort of AppleARM chip, probably others too. I doubt the performance would be very tolerable and trying to run something like VMware or Parallels would probably be out of the question since they take a pretty good hit just having to emulate all the services and micro-core used on the PC clones (for lack of a better name) and they are already...
Not seeing anything new on the Developer side except Xcode 6.1b2 and Configurator 1.7. This often takes awhile to roll out across the net. Sometimes I see it before any announcement in AI and sometimes it is 12-18 hrs later. My time line is not that critical (yet) so I can live with a day but always do like to see what has changed (as everyone else on this site seems too also).   Cheers.
I am curious what your fantastic Sony phone battery life is like. I know the couple of Sony PDAs I had from them sucked (2-3 hours). I returned them and got my full refund since it was less than 30 days. Did it handle HFS+ files (bundles) correctly or did you have a slew of pcs. for each app, etc... How about FAT, FAT32, HFS files with separate data and rsrc forks?  My biggest question was what did you do with them on the Sony? Could you open an Office file, a PDF,...
I am not sure when Bluetooth 4.1 standard became reality. I found this on ArsTechnica that discusses some of the issues and is dated 5 Dec 2013. I suspect after they have had sometime to verify that it adds value they will move forward if appropriate. From what I read it seems to at least cover some of the stuff Apple does but it wasn't at all clear abut the LE side and there were some definite concerns about RF interference. I can't say one way or another but when you...
Stimulants work in a large portion (as much as 80%) of those diagnosed with ADHD/ADD but in others they can be a disaster.A relative of mine had a very difficult time finding something that worked for him and it turned out to be an unusual cocktail of anti-depressant, and some other supplements. Made a night and day difference for him. It is tough to tell what is going to work sometimes.  Might be a bit off topic but made me realize that if there is not patentable, big...
Wow! Smoked, honey roasted, plain? My neighbor is a dick but all he ever does is not take care of his yard. I used to live next to a turkey... ¡
I would assume it has to do with caloric consumption. From the dictionary: calorie |ˈkæl(ə)ri| (abbr.: cal.)noun (pl. calories)either of two units of heat energy.• (also small calorie)(abbr.: cal)the energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 gram of water through 1 °C (now usually defined as 4.1868 joules).• (also large calorie)(abbr.: Cal)the energy needed to raise the temperature of 1 kilogram of water through 1 °C, equal to one thousand small calories and often used...
So in your expert opinion what should the metric be (i.e., number of items infringed upon?, value of function as a whole or a percentage of device cost?, general ability to differentiate between the devices infringed upon -- anybody remember attorneys not being able to tell which device was their client's?). I think they ought to have to pay up for the value lost (triple since intentional) plus they must rework the infringed upon code and all licensees be responsible for...
 I full well understand your argument about spacial cues in live recordings, or in action simulation. About the only way to address those is either proper separation (typ. 8' between loudspeakers) or cans where you can do all kinds of tricks by massaging the sound track.BTW: I never, in my life, suggested telephone speakers! LMAO.  You ask so here she goes:My concern has to do more with recordings from the "earliest days of hi-fi". There is quite a large catalog of...