or Connect

Posts by Damn_Its_Hot

So it is your thour that a "mini" should be thinner than "Air"? I personally think that they have gone as far as they really need too (maybe a tad too far) with iPhone 6 plus -- unless there is some compelling reason (that I can't come up with -- no shocker there) I believe the current thickness to diagonal dimensional of an enclosing rectangle ratio (the thinness ratio) should not be any smaller. I think that sacrificing the smooth lines for a camera system that protrudes...
I get it -- April Fools, eh!?
I didn't feel like I was jumping, maybe a hop or a skip but certainly not a jump! Funny thing, this AM I had my first ever problem with ApplePay @ one of the places I use it the most -- Walgreens. I picked up some scripts at the pharmacy and used my iPhone 6 plus without issue -- however on the way out I noticed something else I wanted to purchase so I decided to pay for it at the front cashier stand. First try did not work, 2nd did -- the one difference is how/where they...
 I call foul. I have found it works at all the retailers I use save one (Kolache Shop -- there equipment is so old you have to hand crank it to start it up) and that one was broken. It would be interesting to see a bit more about the demographics and the rest of the so-called survey used. I have to believe this is one of those cases where 'figures don't lie but liars sure know how to figure'.
LOL. They retired that San Fransisco a good while back (I don't think it was ever TType) and that would be a mess for those of us that are still not touch typist. It would certainly make the headlines though... 
I thought I would give it a try this AM on the way into town from home (about 15.5 miles) even though I know the route quite well. First a couple things about setup. I use an iPhone 6 plus with 64 GB memory w/AT&T (excellent signal here). I set it up to show traffic, auto switch between day & night mode and selected the Hi-def Female US English voice with voice directions turned on. I downloaded the maps that I thought most likely to ever use to see what impact that had on...
I did not clarify well enough with my comment "once you move to Photos from iPhotos you can't go back". My assumption was that most people would not maintain parallel databases of photos to be able to access some features e.g., when editing a picture in iPhoto it keeps the original and history of the pix. Photos can import the iPhoto edited & stored pix but the previous states of the pix will not be preserved when moved. Therefore if you had a reason to want to preserve...
True, my stmt should have been qualified better.
  Let me guess this was from the asian trade journal DigiTimes ¡
I do suspect that the database engine has been improved substantially although I only have 7000 photos to test with. iPhotos was never intended to handle professional size photo databases -- thus Aperture. It is time for a reworking of the guts for sure, I just don't like some of the other changes.