or Connect

Posts by Damn_Its_Hot

I call foul. I have found it works at all the retailers I use save one (Kolache Shop -- there equipment is so old you have to hand crank it to start it up) and that one was broken. It would be interesting to see a bit more about the demographics and the rest of the so-called survey used. I have to believe this is one of those cases where 'figures don't lie but liars sure know how to figure'.
LOL. They retired that San Fransisco a good while back (I don't think it was ever TType) and that would be a mess for those of us that are still not touch typist. It would certainly make the headlines though... 
I thought I would give it a try this AM on the way into town from home (about 15.5 miles) even though I know the route quite well. First a couple things about setup. I use an iPhone 6 plus with 64 GB memory w/AT&T (excellent signal here). I set it up to show traffic, auto switch between day & night mode and selected the Hi-def Female US English voice with voice directions turned on. I downloaded the maps that I thought most likely to ever use to see what impact that had on...
I did not clarify well enough with my comment "once you move to Photos from iPhotos you can't go back". My assumption was that most people would not maintain parallel databases of photos to be able to access some features e.g., when editing a picture in iPhoto it keeps the original and history of the pix. Photos can import the iPhoto edited & stored pix but the previous states of the pix will not be preserved when moved. Therefore if you had a reason to want to preserve...
True, my stmt should have been qualified better.
  Let me guess this was from the asian trade journal DigiTimes ¡
I do suspect that the database engine has been improved substantially although I only have 7000 photos to test with. iPhotos was never intended to handle professional size photo databases -- thus Aperture. It is time for a reworking of the guts for sure, I just don't like some of the other changes.
 Their record says otherwise with iMovie. I hope your right because that would be a huge upgrade from just iPhoto parity. If this is the case they have a funny way of rolling forward with it -- EOL Aperture and intro Photos parallel to iPhoto although once moved from iPhoto it is pretty much a one way street. I suspect this is more of a way to be on all platforms (via iCloud) and to attract users from the WinWorld & Google. This does help keep the (supposed) slide from...
 I beg to differ with your hyperbole regarding Photo. I don't think even the development team would make such exaggerated claims (and doubtfully with as much vitriol). I dare say you have no business calling me a troll. I am not a life long fan of Apple although I did buy my 1st Mac in Mar 1984 and have been a developer since 1986 (they called Certified Developers back in the day). I worked at Apple in engineering for several years (was there for the earthquake). I am not...
The very definition of "Beta" is feature complete but needs to be tested. This would be alpha or developmental. I would not expect to get those missing features back until a large group raises enough hell to get their attention. Of course this is a perfect opportunity for a 3rd party but that will end up costing some bucks at the expense of integration. So far the API to Photos seems to be very thin (as not robust, i.e., not all is exposed). After setting up numerous...