or Connect

Posts by Damn_Its_Hot

Agreed! I call BS - some ding dong saw pictures of HiRes imaging kits on the top of leased minivans. From that he says the logical conclusion is Apple is going into the auto manufacture/sales/support. Oh, and they are self driving (despite the fact that Apple has no such permit for that kind of testing) - thats why the imaging kit on top - NOT. Oh, and lets set the bar nice and low at a 10% share of the auto market ? I think this is much more likely tied to mapping in a...
Looks interesting. I am sure that people that have wanted for the macro capability. Reminds me in some ways of a much more vertical AppleTalk Except that you are limited to doing one operation (generally) and there is no way to trigger another one. Then we would have a programing tool which Apple has said no to (and I think is best for security). I will have to play with the some and see how useful they really are. The best one is the not for free upgrade to IFTTT (ne IF)...
Interestining how your 1st post is to comment on Apple's practice of having the actual HQ based in Ireland. You seem to imply that Apple is the cause of millions of lost jobs in the US and that trillions of dollars are up for grab (whatever that means). Then there is some group of rich folx getting richer and fleeing the country. WTF? You must be one heck of a contortionist to be able to reach that deep and pull that pile of stink out of you. I would truly be shocked to...
 When I worked at Apple it was highly encouraged to have engineers move from one project to the next. I cannot speak to how it is now but that was the way until you get up a ways in mgmt. Engineers were moving from group to group and although there was some cost in moving people it encouraged pier reviews of code and less ownership by one person so that there was a lot of cross training going on. This was well before the NeXT acquisition but MacApp was preached as the...
Ah, would you mind clarifying the difference "Free-to-Play apps" (your term) and "must NOT be placed on the same level of free apps" (again your term). I am pretty sure I don't understand your post but the use of the above terms seems quite ambiguous to me. ​I have hated the "In App purchase business model" since it was introduced. I believe it was introduced as a way it was an attempt to solve both the 'download free-trial' problem and the no damn ads version. I think it...
 I could not agree more with your post : "If govts have...backdoors, so will hackers." THE TRUTH! Where I get totally lost is in your signature line: " Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there." What I don't get is "Apple develops improved prog lang." Apple did in fact develop Object Pascal, Dylan, and now Swift as well as having an arms length influence on Java by developing Schmucker and Cox (the Java...
That logic is so frickin ridiculous! When you get right down to it the phones are made of elements (I won't go all the way back to quantum particles since they have their own special ambiguities, or even electrons, protons, neutrons) combined in numerous components that are assembled by various suppliers that then pass them on to other suppliers, etc. till you have a iPhone. So if we reverse that and use your logic the universe is the biggest maker of smartphones... LMAO /s
Deleted. Ooooops.
The one thingThis is a problem. There is a work around that lets Felixer and coolfactor do what they want as well as displaying px in comments (which does not work all the time in the 'read-only' comments mode: While in the AppleInsider web home page, click on the total comment count int the lower right summary of the article (e.g., ). This will drop you right into the reading the article then comments that you can participate in (albeit a big fugly BLACK title bar and box...