or Connect

Posts by Damn_Its_Hot

Looks like maybe he had a large holding 20 yrs ago in the "FlowBee"!  Takes a while to get use to these modern gizmos. /s
If Apple had acquired Nest a loud minority would have screamed and stomped their feet 'Why the hell did Apple buy this?' Since Google bought it, and they always make the best IP & product purchases, a different loud minority while lie on the floor holding their breath and threatening to die right after hollering 'Apple is doomed, I say Apple is doomed'. Is this site an incubator for analysts?
Looks like Ryan, et al, has been hanging out with Samsung. I wouldn't have one on my phone if you paid me but I do see BB's point. I think best thing Ryan could do is license the keyboard patent from BB (if there is one) and then sell a couple hundred and go back to doing what he knows how to do – and stay out of tech.   I wonder, if they waterproofed it, could you surf on it?    If I am going to put a larger phone in my pocket it is going to be for a larger screen not...
 My point, although I did not clarify about the entire history, was that ARM is not selling a chip (i.e., silicon) but was selling the "blueprints" if you will and that Apple took that design (for the earlier series - did not realize the change for >= A6) lopped off things like serial ports, parallel ports, extra USB ports and a whole slew of other stuff and substituted their own power management as well as other optimizations (e.g., graphics). The combination of this made...
 Actually ARM only licenses designs, there is no ARM chip, they are ALL fab'd by others. Apple licensed the core then did some cutting out of a bunch of stuff they did not need and replaced some other stuff like the power mgmt stuff and other proprietary technology. So it uses an ARM core design but supplements it heavily. 
 What I find amazing is that the people that agreed to a NDA typically send you guys screen shots of stuff that is provided, with the express requirement that it be kept confidential, before I even get an email as a developer. Some of these are the same folks that bitch about the stock values fluctuating $100's of dollars up and down based on half truths or guesses. I like hearing about these things but as a developer and a former Apple employee I have no respect for...
 I could not DISAGREE more with you on the landscape request. There are some things that just don't work in landscape and vice-versa. Making so that it fits in landscape but compromises the functionality is plain dumb. As to your other suggestions have you reported these as issues or provided Apple with feedback? They do listen and things change (e.g., Jobs felt that Apple should be the only App developer, the masses disagreed so he changed things -- pretty radically). You...
 Its called "eating your own dog food" and it is good to see them use there own stuff. You can't compare the experience that an Apple Engr has using an API with that of a developer (even with good contacts inside). When I worked at Apple and I wanted to see how to use something (an API) I could usually get on the servers (inside Apple) and look at the users/teams stuff and there was often demo or test code. The other thing was that if I still needed some help I could...
 Did they pass Prop 420 in Washington?
 @DrBlank (appropriately chosen I'm sure): First, this is not the first year they have given out holiday songs for free. Next they are FREE, they are not somehow pushed onto your device like some sort of malware. If you don't want these songs don't get them its as simple as not downloading them! Offering holiday songs is hardly PUSHING religion on you. When you celebrate whatever you do celebrate (or perhaps celebration is off your list also) do you insist that anyone that...