or Connect

Posts by carmelapple

Or...Apple I: Jobs' HopeApple II: The Board Strikes BackApple III: Return of the Jobs..."i"
I code by hand with an app called Textastic. I'm only a novice right now doing simple pages with some JS and CSS3 animations and transitions. I never liked Dreamweaver much so I began teaching myself how to code by hand rather than with a WYSIWYG editor. I still think Adobe should do CS on iPad...even if it isn't full-blown versions like the desktop apps.
No. As mentioned above, I use a ClamCase to type on. For my artwork and graphic design, I use apps like iDraw and Procreate which work well with a touchscreen interface. Procreate even makes good use of my Wacom BT stylus. Also, I'm talking about proof printing of design...just simply printing a proof to be approved by a client. A lot of people are still stuck on this ridiculous idea that iPads (and strangely mostly just iPads) are content consumption devices not suited at...
I do a fair amount of email, word processing, web development (only a hobby right now), graphic design and even some proof printing. The apps are there...some you can take, some you can leave. I think as time goes on they will become more powerful and better designed, but they do exist. Right now I'm looking for an InDesign/Quark style app. Quark actually makes one, but it's garbage...even Microsoft Publisher puts it to shame...and that's bad. Really bad.
Well, it does...sort of. There is a fairly robust Photoshop app...I know...it's not full-on Photoshop but it does work to an extent. After that, Adobe seems to think designers need a whole host of strangely overlapping sketching apps that all do things pretty much done better by other sketching apps...aside from connecting to Creative Cloud. I think they could do InDesign and Illustrator for iOS...but I think they're mostly just testing the waters with these other apps....
I currently have a ClamCase for my iPad 3. It's a great setup giving a case for the iPad and a faux-MacBook keyboard. I didn't get it new, but off of eBay...spilled some soda on the keyboard and it was done. Bought another busted ClamCase for cheap on eBay with working keyboard and swapped it in (it's a plus that they're easy to take apart and replace parts). The quality overall is not amazing (one of the rubber feet on the palmrest came off and warped so it wont sit back...
I recently had an issue where I had to call PayPal customer service. The first lady promptly told me that I needed to contact the Debit Card Division. She gave me the number and I called it. The second lady promptly told me I needed to contact the Debit Card Division. Wait what?! After I recovered from that one...she actually transferred me to a guy who then answered my questions about the issue I was having. Horrible customer service. Apple, on the other hand, has always...
First world problems. The same sort of story was on the Verge and showed tons of tweets from angry people wanting to pre-order iPhones saying "**** Apple!" "I'll never buy another Apple product EVAR!" So on and so fourth. Give me a break. It's a pre-order for crying out loud. Yes, you should receive better service. Yes, you should be able to get it within a reasonable timeframe. But you know these people. They'll be back for the Watch, the new iPad, the new iPhone, the...
I would argue that the poster of the comments regarding having 2 iPhones is not really debating anything. They're posting ridiculous anecdotal "evidence" that iPhones are definitely not the way to go cause you can't swap out the battery. As if there's no other means of continuing to use an iPhone after the battery dies. They're the type of troll who is simply trying to fit in with those of us who like Apple products and trying to gain our trust so that they can help set us...
Just a troll who wants you to think they've got 10 iPhones (no, they don't have any Apple products...the post is simply designed to spread FUD) cause that's the only possible scenario. Can't change out the battery so must have to have back-up iPhones. It's the only way.