or Connect

Posts by carmelapple

Once Kia Motors really started making their own car designs (instead of legitimately rebadging Mazdas), they were initially copying design cues from higher-end cars. The Kia Optima used to look kind of like a bug-eyed Mercedes Benz. I mean sure, if you couldn't tell the difference, that was a real situation, but there were definitely cues taken from higher-end cars and slapped on lower-end cars just to class them up a bit. Were they outright copies? No. They're a reputable...
Nooo! Not Florian Mueller! He was the chosen one! He was supposed to destroy the Samsung...not join them! Who's next? "Well-connected" analyst Ming Chi Kuo? In Ming's next note to investors, it is decided from current supply chain checks, Apple is doomed and all should abandoned ship. Apple's upcoming iDevices are going to suck because they lack interesting features that aren't refined or finished and Samsung's approach to throwing the gimmicky kitchen sink features that...
I'm sorry. Samsung needs to simply move on. They fail at everything they try to do to get publicity or litigate against Apple. People will buy their products if they like them and if they work well. Stop trying to force celebrities to give a shit about you with a bunch of money and some useless title like GLOBAL BRAND AMBASSADOR and then watch helplessly as they tweet about how great you are from an iPhone. Or be caught at some event sponsored by you shooting photos with...
The music from the first video in this article immediately made me think, "The iPhone Controlled Drone, The Future & You - A Centron Production". Ok, that's all I have. Sorry. Carry on!
Sorry. Double post.
When Ming-Chi Kuo eventually dies, I imagine the tombstone reading "Ming-Chi Kuo - Was well-connected". Is "Well-connected analyst" on their business card or something? A business meeting: "Hello, I'm so and so from such and such company." "Hello! I'm the world famous and irrefutably well-connected analyst, Ming-Chi Kuo. I'm sure you are aware of my work." I think it's time to retire that adjective prefix, AI. It just sounds so pretentious and name-droppish. Can we...
Ideally, yes. But every company, even Apple, is guilty of something shady somewhere. Of course, some of these activities are less evil than others. Some may even suggest these activities in some way even benefit the end user/customer. Like, Google apps/services for one. We get to use their stuff for free…you could probably call it our "employee discount".
Compared to Samsung, I think Google is probably the lesser of two evils. Google might be selling you and your search data, but at least the process has become a bit more transparent. It's just on you to understand that it's happening. Samsung, on the other hand, hides a lot of shady activities and corruption. Both should be watched, but I will gladly Google something knowing what's going on behind the scenes (to some extent) than buy a phone/appliance from a company who...
What is it with iPhone 5 series add-on manufacturers hitting a $99 price point for everything they make for the iPhone 5/5S/5C? In some cases the build quality belies a product that might be good for $29.99 perhaps even $49.99 at most. Some are built better, but have other drawbacks that might make the price still seem too high. Honestly, if you got an iPhone 5C, should you want to, you now have to spend the same money you spent on a subsidized iPhone which does a million...
I have never understood the point of places like Fiverr. There's also another site called 99designs.com where someone posts up a design job (usually a logo) with a defined "prize" and then millions of people fight over it by building logos...and then submitting millions of variations on those logos and flooding the job posting with them. Sometimes they are for good money, but sometimes not so much. Also, if your work didn't get chosen, you just sat there and wasted your...