or Connect

Posts by carmelapple

This is something I often fear everytime Israel is mentioned in these types of articles. It becomes click bait for people who are generally on the extreme ends of either side. I support Israel in many ways and often disagree with them in many more. I'm kind of like a lot of people here when it comes to Apple...we generally support Apple in most ways, but we're often their harshest critics as well. Thankfully, this thread hasn't devolved into a flame war. My original post...
Perhaps they need not look much further than to Israel. There have already been some positive interactions between Israeli farmers and Palestinian farmers. The Israelis showed some of the Palestinian farmers how to farm land with very little water (the Israeli method of drip irrigation). Israel already ships in food and bulding materials (often used by Hamas for digging smuggling tunnels and tunnels for sneaking into Israel to kidnap Israelis). Israel is at least trying in...
Perhaps thats true. Israel does also need to stop building settlements and I don't agree with them continuing to do so despite the fact that I am a Zionist. However, settlements are not the true obstacle to peace like every critic of Israel likes to throw out there. To put it into perspective, originally, Israel was going to be a much smaller portion of the land, and the Jews agreed to the boarders. The Arabs did not. The land itself is already a tiny sliver. Again, I...
Not to take this off-course even further, but...I wouldn't call all Palestinians stupid or hate-filled. Many of them do seek employment with Israeli companies and often, despite BDS's best efforts, look for Hebrew on packaging of goods to determine that the products are of higher quality than those with Arabic. The problem is mostly related to Arab culture which often seeks to blame others for misfortunes it brought upon themselves. Al-Naqbah (the catastrophe) in 1949 was...
Forget not having the ability to move icons precisely where you want them...Apple, bring back nested folders! Ok, so it was an exploitation of a bug, but it made my homescreen so much more organized and useful. Now, since the exploit has been broken, I have screens again with all sorts of apps that can no longer be put in the nested folders that I have (that still work as nested folders). I can still add apps to the parent folder, but can no longer place them over each...
I first encountered DED on his blog, Roughly Drafted, which then mentioned his appearances on The Tech Night Owl Live with Gene Steinberg (which I haven't listened to in a long time...I know there were some financial issues and some personal things going on with him and his family so I'm not sure it's still going on) and often the quality of the audio on DED's part was "echo-y" (sorry I don't know the audiophile terms) but there would be some guests on that show that...
Ok are you saying this beta is a developer only update or that once 8.2 is finalized (GM?) and released it will only be a developer update? I understand betas being developer only, but if this is released to all end users, will it include bug/security fixes and other changes or just include compatibility for AppleWatch?
So, basically, if you don't plan on getting the AppleWatch (which I don't)...don't bother installing this update? Or will there be some bug fixes and other assorted odds and ends? I like to stay current, but if this only implements compatibility with AppleWatch, I'll hold off till 8.3...or is that likely to end up as iOS 9?
So is this a case of righteous indignation about the working conditions in China or because your Mac died because of supposed planned obsolescence? First of all, Apple (all other OEMs too) can't guarantee perfection. The best they can do is replace under warranty or replace due to a very common issue even after warranty*. A lot of Apple's products come out with issues. Some get a firmware update. Some get replaced immediately upon arrival. Some get recalled altogether and...
I'm not entirely sure it's acurate to claim this couldn't happen in the US. There are many "mystery box" items for sale here where you do get a list of the odds for getting any of the items in the box. You pay the same amount no matter how rare the item inside might be. For example: My fiancee collects VinylMation Disney figures. They are almost always in a mystery box (I think you can get some where you know exactly what's in the box but they are generally special edition...