or Connect

Posts by Smiles77

I agree with all your points here. In fact, I believe that under normal circumstances it'd be fairly probable that they would postpone the launch for next year at this point. The most significant factor in swaying me from that belief is Tim Cook's comments, which I believe he'll be held to strictly and I don't think he would have made lightly at all. And that's why I'm thinking wearables this fall: nothing else that I'm aware of is really close. I even question if Apple TV...
Neither did I say they were releasing either of those. I predict that they are, but gave specific room for literally any other new product. The reason my bet would be on the wearable is because they've been working on it so long, and that it's one of the three major unreleased products we're aware of them working heavily on (wearable, tv, payments) that seems closest to completion. (forgive me if I've missed a major product we're aware they're currently working on but...
But isn't the lack of parts the exact sort of thing you'd expect from a top-secret new project? We had no idea what the iPad was gonna look like – no parts leaked, no orders, nothing – until an hour before the event when we finally saw a staff member unboxing them and showing us the backs. As far as Tim Cook's comments go, here's Forbes "he did assure analysts 2014 would be a year of new category-defining products. When asked if Apple still planned to move into new...
 So, this is one of the big reasons why I believe this year is when it comes out. Apple has been working intently on this since at least 2009 and it's involved Jony Ive and quite a few other wearables legends between then and today. See this article from March 2010 talking about how "DeVaul will be working under Jonny Ive in a secret lab focused on wearable computing technology where only seven people besides Ive and CEO Steve Jobs know what he is doing." This "secret lab...
 To be honest, TS, to say that "Apple isn’t making" a wearables product at this point would be foolish. The question we're debating here is the timing of the release of said wearable. As to "something else", well, there's a reason I said "something completely out of the blue"; but my money would be on the wearable device, which I am referring to in my posts as the "iWatch" as that is the generally accepted name for referring to the Apple wearable device.
Impossible. Tim Cook said that they would enter new markets THIS YEAR. That does not mean 2015. So unless we see a completely redesigned Apple TV (which I'm not even sure would count as *new*) or something completely out of the blue, there's going to be an iWatch this fall.
Because that takes time and this is the first step towards delivering a great Mac experience. Their first priorities were to get the custom runtime operating on OS X. After this, we should see additional features and support. They're still only on version 0.4.1 – there's a lot of work yet to be done (1-2 years til v1.0 if rumors are correct).
This.
Actually, I find this product really cool, and would actually buy it, but for the fact that it's a bit outside my budget. Additionally, I think the thick connector section to be unbeautiful. Nonetheless, on first seeing the image I thought "that's exactly something I've been looking for!" But after a further look it's not quite there yet.   At the end of the day, however, I am very appreciative of the fact AppleInsider decided to post about it, because I never would have...
It's definitely not only for TouchID, but iWatch faces. They'd need a ton of glass for them, and sapphire + liquidmetal = nearly indestructible, yet literally a jewel of a piece.