or Connect

Posts by Smiles77

It just makes sense that when you swipe across the screen to unlock that it would read your fingerprint as the security code. "It just works".
Wow. Great reference.
From the full email, the most distasteful thing to me was this quote (emphasis mine): "Lots of change. But in all of this, many key things remains the same. Our incredible people, our spirit, our commitment, our belief in the transformative power of technology — our Microsoft technology — to make the world a better place for billions of people and millions of businesses around the world." To specifically narrow the scope of "the power of technology" to only their own...
The fact that iPhone's percentage growth is lower than the total smartphone market, thus giving them a smaller overall share of the market every quarter. Nominally they have terrific growth, but relative to the growth of the market, it's lower and slowing down.
I agree with your first sentence. I disagree with your second. I say "by now" because I've been slowly convinced over the past 2-3 months. The part leaks, comments by Tim Cook, and just plain good business sense of it (as explained in my previous posts in this thread) all combine to make a pretty convincing argument. To me, the evidence, as shaky as it may be, is overwhelmingly in favor of a low-cost iPhone being introduced this fall and these pictures as being actual...
(1) It'll likely be sold most frequently as unsubsidized around most of the globe at a cost of under $400 (I'm thinking more like $299). This is eminently possible while still building a quality product. Just look at the latest iPod touch which costs $229 for a 16GB model. Introducing an 8GB iPhone Color would be both profitable and differentiated enough from both iPod touch and iPhone 5S to fill an unserved niche and not cannibalize much.(2) If you get it on the...
To be honest, I didn't upgrade to the iPhone 5 from my 4S because the 4-inch screen is too big for me. I have to stretch to reach the top-left corner where every back button is, and for any extended period of use I simply had to change the way that I held it entirely. While that's not necessarily the biggest deal in the world, it meant I was holding it a less securely (had to prop it up on my pinky instead of gripping it) and it just wasn't as comfortable. Fortunately, iOS...
I think that's exactly it. In the US, these will do really well with younger consumers who want to pay less anyway, while adults and businesspeople may choose the higher-end versions. Elsewhere in the world (especially in places such as China, Japan, and Europe) I can see just about anybody wanting these as an everyday phone with the modern, colorful styling. It's a very different color palette than companies such as Nokia and Samsung use.The real kicker for me in terms of...
Do you have any sourcing or references to verify this? I'm a developer using the beta and don't see anything regarding this in the release notes for beta 3. Not attacking, just trying to verify it since you're the first I've seen to post this explanation.
Pretty sure these things are real by now. Also, visualizing someone holding any one of these in their hands, I think they look really good. They're very colorful, modern, and "light". Between this and iOS 7 I think we'll see blockbuster sales like no other year (which is funny since that's every year ). It's definitely gonna be a lineup like no other iPhone set before.