or Connect

Posts by clexman

I think the creepy factor will keep it off the watch for a little longer. Blackberry used to have a shutter sound when you took a picture that couldn't be disabled to help thwart secret picture takers, but now people just expect that if someone is holding a phone they could be taking a picture.   I think that resting my wrist on a table with the watch looking up at my face is a comfortable position. However you may end up with a lot of booger selfie videos.   I would...
Actually its been around since Windows 7 (2009)...
After the AI editorial on how WWDC was going to be so much better that Google's equivalent, now I can watch 2.5 hours of features that other platforms already have, but Apple was overdue adding.   I know that everyone here will say that, "Apple waited for just the right time to implement," or, "Apple did it better," but honestly, the keynote announcements were kinda ho hum.   At least there is the exciting news of a switch in iOS fonts!
Nice to see some mostly constructive comments here. It is nice to see this new unexpected path to upgrade (The task bar notification). At a minimum, this upgrade approach is better than what they've had in the past.   To the commenter that said that bandwidth is unlimited, you just need to look back to the first few iPhone releases that could be activated over the internet. More than half of the computers connected to the internet run Windows. Cueing up the downloads is...
Well, I guess you never used the Google Maps Mobile app that existed before maps on iPhone. I'm not talking about a website. The only real difference (and it was a big one) was touch. I never used the Yahoo or Mapquest apps, so I can't speak for them (Only used their map sites). I'm not sure they existed back then. Mobile payments - Does the typical user really care about th technology that makes it work, or do they just want something that's easy. Big phones - Read my...
Lets see... I've been a Mac user since the original Mac. I moved to Windows until Jobs came back and started making worthwhile products again. China - Google did pull out. China asked them to censor search, Google said no and left. Maps - A mapping app only needs to do a couple things. Find what you are looking for and get you there. If you are not the best at it, then why would I use your app. Google Maps has had a mobile app long before the iPhone was even a thought....
Apple's 5GB free per account needs to go away. iCloud Photos is useless without paying for storage. The sync your entire library or nothing setup is terrible. I would prefer if the last XX days were saved on my devices at full resolution and older photos were resized. The non-stop uploading/downloading is a pain when I want to send someone a picture I took last week. If Appleinsider wants to be a news source, they need to be impartial. Just saying Google sucks and Apple is...
If this is true, Apple and the music business are about to part ways. The DOJ will take Apple to court. It doesn't matter if Tidal fails or not.   That said, I find it hard to believe that one of the most secretive companies in the world would be this dumb.
From AI: "to take on Apple Watch." Actually, the Apple watch will try to take on the Pebble. Pebble has the most market share currently.   The Apple Watch will become the new top dog, but for now, Pebble is king.
I would love to see the database storage method go away. I just don't see the point in not leaving pictures as individual files.